Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

NY Tire dealer

We live on Long Island and will be towing our Jay Flight up to Niagara Falls at the end of September. We'd like to replace the China Bombs with Goodyear Endurance 205 75/15.

Trouble is, the Jayco dealer we purchased from is busy and can't fit us in and any of the "quick change" tire places like Mavis/Pep Boys either don't work on trailers or are impossible to get our trailer in and out of. I know many TT owners use places like Discount Tire but unfortunately, we don't have any here in NY.

We're willing to stop along the way to Niagara Falls, does anyone have a good recommendation for a place fairly close to the NYS Thruway (NY to Albany and Albany to Buffalo) that is reputable, familiar with work on TT's, and easy enough to tow in and out of?

Thanks in advance.
JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #2

Try calling an rv dealer around you and ask who they use. When we needed a tire and wheel combo quickly, we called the Camping World near us, and they referred us to who they use for tires. Ended up being a truck tire and service place right up the road from me that I had never heard of. They had exactly what we needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #3

Try a Goodyear shop, they've done my trailer & fw tires in the past.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #4

Did you check with RV One in Albany if you want an RV dealer along the route?

I purchased my Maxxis from Discount Tire online and took one side off at a time and brought them to my local tire shop. Mounted and balanced very reasonably priced.

They have since moved to a new location in Montgomery NY about 15 min off exit 17 (Newburgh) of the NYS Thruway. Easy trip and plenty of room to maneuver in their lot. Rapid Tire - just make arrangements in advance if you are going to be stopping in...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #5

On your way to Niagara Falls, how about Mavis Discount Tire. I see several locations.

Price seems static here on the left coast at about $108.00 each for your sized trailer.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:39 AM   #6

Just order from Discount Tire direct with free shipping and take in 2 at a time or the whole rig to a shop. Most car/tire shops can work on you in the parking lot.

Have them balanced as well.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:59 AM   #7
Site Team

We buy all our tires from The Tire Rack (not the internet business) here in Newark NY. A local individually owned business. They also have replaced all four tires on our FIL's 5er a few years ago, right in the parking lot, without even unhooking the truck. They can get almost any brand of tire, and prices are good. Their phone is 315-331-5744. Matt is the owner, and Jason may be answering the phone, also. We're not affiliated to them, other than doing business with them. Just a possibility along your route.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #8

I use Fiaco's in Newport, NY. Small family shop about 20 minutes from exit 30 on the NY Thruway I-90. It is right off Rt 28. Pull over on the road, they will come out swap your tires while you wait. If interested 315-845-8837. Been using them for years and they work on everything. Call ahead to see what they offer and any lead times. Have fun in Niagara Falls!
Aardvarkjff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSheldon View Post
We live on Long Island and will be towing our Jay Flight up to Niagara Falls at the end of September. We'd like to replace the China Bombs with Goodyear Endurance 205 75/15.

Trouble is, the Jayco dealer we purchased from is busy and can't fit us in and any of the "quick change" tire places like Mavis/Pep Boys either don't work on trailers or are impossible to get our trailer in and out of. I know many TT owners use places like Discount Tire but unfortunately, we don't have any here in NY.

We're willing to stop along the way to Niagara Falls, does anyone have a good recommendation for a place fairly close to the NYS Thruway (NY to Albany and Albany to Buffalo) that is reputable, familiar with work on TT's, and easy enough to tow in and out of?

Thanks in advance.
Here's a couple RV Dealerships that are close to the NY Thruway that you could call:

> Wilkins RV Victor, NY location - <1mile south of the NYS Thrudway (I-90) off the Victor, NY exit 45.
> Colton RV NORTH TONAWANDA, NY location - few miles south off Exit 22 of I-190 very near Niagara Falls USA.

You could give either of them a call also.

Hope it's of some help.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #10

Thank you everyone for the great responses. We will look into each of them and see what fits best for our travel plans.

And thank you to those that suggested just taking the tires off the trailer and having them mounted and balanced 2 at at time locally at places the trailer doesn't fit. No idea why I didn't think of that myself, especially after telling my wife we could change the spare at any time since I'll just take it off the rack and bring it in to get changed!
JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote