Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
power gear gearbox plastic bushing

i have a 2006 jayco 31 rlts. We went camping this weekend, and all went well, retracted the slide outs and came home.My wife extended bedroom slide out and kitchen slide out and went to extend the coach, table slide out and the front began to go out but the rear didnt. i got under trailer and took some of the underpin loose and saw the gearbox was laying on the unpin board. THe plastic bushing on either side or the rollers and gear were broken and laying on the underpin board. The gear box came out of the bracket that is welded to frame of trailer... question how do i fix this as i can not find those part anywhere here.

pattdavidpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
Site Team
Any Jayco dealers or mobile RV techs around? The linkage from gearbox to the slide drive likely broke on one side and the torque from trying to open it likely sheared the other one off. Without a picture, I can only guess but essentially it needs to be put back like it was before it broke. Your other slides may have the same mechanical linkage. Look at the opposing slide and see it you can figure out what is broken.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote