Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
WNC

Repairing Command "Tap Light"

One of the bunk lights quit working when the button is depressed. 2016 Starcraft. Took the lens off the light and it is a Command 170-114SM1. Wondering if anyone has any troubleshooting advice. All other lights work, no blown fuses, etc.

Cannot find the replacement light online, either.

Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0181.jpg  
WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #2
Site Team

I would remove those screws and verify that the wire connections on the back are good. Usually when an integrated LED light like that goes, it is not repairable. I believe you could find one online.

ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12VDC-LED-Si...5Y1Ho-&vxp=mtr
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
WNC

Thanks, looking for the exact replacement but not having any luck. May have to hassle with a dealer.
WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #4

Did you ever figure this out? Also trying to replace a couple of these lights in 2016 Starcraft and can’t find he replacements.
Ehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #5

The manufacturer looks like Command Electronics. The number listed above might just be the subcomponent circuit board number and you might have to look on the back of the fixture to see if there is a different model number.

Please read my experience with Command below.

The Lights — Command Electronics

The top 3 lights when I go here look like they could be the one above. Otherwise search for K-1051SQ or K1050Q.

My experience with Command:
Nicest people on the planet. I live in California and the first time it rained on my new Jay Feather, one of my LED taillights filled with water and became non-functional (this is a problem in CA traffic!). I was really upset about this and its safety implications, and I was hundreds of miles from my dealer. I looked around and found the item is made by Command Electronics, just south of Kalamazoo, MI. I decided to take the defective light with me on a family trip to upstate MI, and stopped by Command on my drive south. It is a very small operation that must be a major supplier for Jayco.

I showed them the defective light, and they nodded and said they see this problem frequently when the installers torque the screws so tight it cracks the lens seal. So Jayco mfg was the problem. Command went to the back warehouse and handed me a replacement light. I was prepared to pay and fight it out with Jayco or my dealer, but they gave it too me for free and expressed regret that they had no gasket in stock to hand me. They took my address and when I got home to CA 2 days later the foam gasket was waiting for me.

This was service above and beyond the call of duty, and they were very willing to stand behind their product even when it was Jayco's error.

I suggest you call them and describe the problem. Ask them what the options may be. You might have to pay for replacements (the price seems steep for a little LED), but who knows, maybe they will work with you. I was impressed by this little company.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM   #6

I received great customer service when I contacted Command Electronics about some replacement lenses for my overhead lights. Very good company deal with. On a side note, I had a non-Command Electronics bunk light go bad on my 2015 Starcraft. I called them and they sent me 4 of them free of charge,( trailer was under warranty at the time) no questions asked. Have a bunch of spares now.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote