Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #1

Reset keyless door entry

I have a 2013 Jayco Class C Greyhawk (31DS) and I was screwing around with the keyless door pad and now it won't lock or unlock the door when I punch in what I am pretty sure is the correct code. Can anyone tell me how I reset it? I can't find anything in all of these manuals that I have. I'm feeling really stupid right at the moment. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
tunesmithnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #2

Everyone can disregard my request. I found what I needed. Thanks anyway.
tunesmithnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #3

Looks like you found it first. Would you mind sharing the solution?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #4

I have a 2014 31Ds
If you pull out the battery's it will reset to factory see below

The Bauer NE Battery Installation

(The following steps are graphically shown at the bottom of this page.)

The Bauer NE uses 4 AA batteries for operation. We do not recommend zinc carbon batteries for this application. Batteries not included.

**Fresh batteries should be installed as necessary. Battery Life is highly dependent upon battery quality, usage, and environment (temperature) Remove batteries if the lock will not be used for extended periods of time.**

Loosen (2) 6x32 Captured screws on Battery Compartment Lid. These screws are captured to the Battery Compartment Lid so they will not fall out.

Install the AA batteries in accordance with the orientation shown in the Battery Compartment. The batteries will fit tightly. Please verify the batteries are touching the contacts on both sides in the Battery Compartment.

Install Battery Compartment Lid by aligning the (3) tabs on the lid with the (3) slots on the Inside Plate Assembly. These tabs act as a hinge for closing the Battery Compartment Lid.

Tighten the (2) 6x32 Captured screws back to attach the Battery Compartment Lid to the Inside Plate Assembly.

The Bauer NE Operation & Program Guide
Description

The Bauer NE is a 4 touch pad button programmable deadbolt lock. The 4 buttons are labeled “1|2”, “3|4”, “5|6”, “7|8”. The button labeled “1|2” is the same button whether the number 1 or 2 is desired. Please note this handle uses Touch Technology. The buttons are activated by Touch and does not require pressing the buttons. Touch the button and lift finger from button for proper code entry.

Operation

The Bauer NE incorporates proximity sensing to determine when you want to activate the lock. To operate the lock you first must “wake up” the lock. To “wake up” the lock you must touch the area next to the buttons. The buttons will illuminate once the Touch Pad is wakened. This indicates that the Touch Pad is ready for the code to be entered.

Preset Factory Code

The Bauer NE has a factory set code of 3,7,1,5 followed by the Enter button. The button with the is the Enter button, and is required to be touched after the code is entered. The factory code resets every time the batteries are removed for at least 10 seconds.

Programming New Code

To set a new code, touch and hold the “3|4” button and the Enter Buttons for 2 seconds. The Bauer NE will provide three short beeps, indicating it is ready to accept a new code. Enter the new 4 digit code followed by the The Bauer NE will provide four short beeps to indicate new code has been entered. The first time the new 4 digit code is entered there will be a long beep indicating the new code is accepted. The new code can be entered now and will activate the dead bolt.

To reset the code, remove the batteries for at least 10 seconds. Re-install the batteries; and follow the steps to Programming New Code.

Please Enter Personal Code upon Installation of Lock to prevent inadvertent programming.

The Bauer NE Fault Logic
Action Response
Ready to accept New Code
Three short beeps
New Code Entered
Four short beeps
Wrong Code Entered
One long beep
Dead Bolt Locks
Two short beeps
Dead Bolt Unlocks
Two short beeps
Dead Bolt fails to Lock
One long beep
Dead Bolt fails to Unlock
One long beep
Low Battery*
One Long beep after the Lock/Unlock beeps

Bauer Products - Bauer NE Manual

http://www.dexterdoor.com/
Old 06-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #5

CBSS, thank you for the very helpful information. However I do not see where in the instructions it explains how to choose the numbers 2, 4,6 or 8. Does one press the appropriate button twice?

It is entirely possible the instructions explained this and I overlooked it! I'm bad that way!

Thanks,

Jump
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #6

Update to my previous post.

I contacted Bauer with my question and was told that One cannot choose between 1 or 2, 3 or 4, etc. One simply presses that button and
One can call One's choice 1 or 2, 3 or 4, etc.

So choosing 8642 is right out! It is instead 7531.

Seems odd, but hey it's their product!

Jump
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyless door lock