Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

sealing tape ?

new to forum and jayco rvs ,bought a 1999 5th wheel 243 and i am wondering if the same sealing tape i see everyone having trouble with on the slide out edge should be around my skylight for the bathroom or i shound take that off and put self leveling seam sealer ? thanks in advance for any input
napaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #2

Welcome Napaman. I would begin by removing all the old caulk . A hair dryer would be handy. Cover the area with the dicor leveling goo and wait a week for it to settle. At this point use the tape to surround the fixtures. Use some pressure to activate the glue on the tape. Prep is important. If your trailer is old I would remove the strip of vinyl that covers the screws in the channel that secures your roof to the trailer. Check the screws and replace any that are rusted. Replace the vinyl and remove all the old caulking. Again prep like you did around the fixture on the roof. Run the tape along the side into the channel the same as before making sure the leveling goo has cured somewhat before applying the tape. Hope this helps and good luck.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote