Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #1

Slide Leak? Nope, inlet hose disconnected!

When we picked up our 2013 Jay Flight 25BHS, we had a MAJOR problem. I had the Friday before the weekend of our first trip, and i wanted to get an early start to the trip Thursday night. So i came home from work at lunch time to fill the fresh water tank that day and that's where it all started to go wrong. I noticed water pouring out from the bottom of the trailer not too long after i started filling the gravity fill tank. Having had a trailer before and never seeing that happen i knew something was wrong. I checked to see if maybe the low point drain was left open... Nope. Besides, it was a LOT of water. So I pop my head in the door of the trailer only to find the whole floor of the trailer covered with about 1/4" of water. Well, i snapped into action by stopping the water grabbing tones of towels from the house to sop it all up. When the water was coming into the trailer, it was shooting through the fan whole in the electrical panel, so i rushed to u plug the trailer from shore power.... Ugh, sigh, moan. I frantically opened up cupboards to try to find out what caused the mishap. As it turns out, the hose for the gravity fill tank was never attached to the whole in the trailer where you put the hose when filling. I was so disappointed as we reluctantly decided to get a trailer with a slide after hearing horror stories of leaks from many other manufacturer owners, and here i was pouring water into the thing. Called the dealer to tear a new one, but surprisingly i handled the whole thing pretty well. The dealer offered that if everything was cleaned up and no major damage, that i could enjoy my planned trip, and i could drop it off for repair after the weekend. We took him up on it, and enjoyed our trip after drying it out.

The dealer had to remove the underbelly and all the insulation as once it's soaked, its wrecked. They fixed it all up and when all was said and done, we were satisfied with the service from the dealer and Jayco. But what an experience, how just one screw missed when building can cause such a huge nightmare. The hose clamp that held the hose onto the inlet pipe was never tightened. Anyways, we had no other issues after that, thank goodness, and if anything pops up related to the water incident, we should be covered.

2013 Jayflight 25BHS Elite
TV: 2002 Chevrolet 1500HD Crew Cab 3.73 Gears
:Canada:
Elecchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #2

The dealer should have been "extra" nice. Apparently he didn't do a proper PDI since they should have filled the tank to check all the connections even before you picked it up.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The dealer should have been "extra" nice. Apparently he didn't do a proper PDI since they should have filled the tank to check all the connections even before you picked it up.
I agree, dealer missed it on the PDI and prep, if they even did one. Every system should have been tested.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I agree, dealer missed it on the PDI and prep, if they even did one. Every system should have been tested.

X3
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote