Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

Slide won't go out

2014 31DS. Bedroom slide works fine but dinette/fridge is a no go. In works ok but will not even make a noise when going out. House batt shows full charge, I am plugged in to 30A power, reset all breakers and master power switch. Checked underneath and don't see any loose or bad wires, corrosion, or places where wire is shorted. The control panel switch shows a purple wire connected to the out terminal. I reversed the connections and tried the switch again but it made no difference so I guess it's good. I found an inline fuse in a purple wire underneath the RV but it seems to be good. Other than bypassing the fuse I'm out of ideas. I will say that it took a few tries to get the out to work during the last couple trips. My apologies for not searching first but I can't find the search function using my phone. Thanks Dave
renman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #2

hummm, Do you have a multi-meter? It sounds like you visually checked the fuse in the purple wire. Did you check it with a meter? Sometimes fuses looked good, but they popped. If you have a spare, I would swap it out. If not, I would buy a few.

With a helper, I would have someone press the switch, and use the meter, to verify you have power to the motor. If you do, then is sounds like the motor is shot.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #3

Forgot to transfer a meter from the old to the new. Does it use different motors for in and out ?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Site Team

No, just reverses polarity.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #5

Ok. I'll call the Local Jayco dealer in the morning and see if I should try bypassing the fuse for a test
Old 07-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #6

Have you gotten an answer? We have exact same issue inn our 2011 31DS. New motor and control module replaced last year and here we are again! Service can't take until mid August so we have been camping without using the slide.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #7

I had given up but our son tried the switch a couple of times the next day and it went out just fine. Brought it in fine today when leaving campground but set up in new campground and it won't go out again. Maybe it will tomorrow
Old 07-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #8

Well it went out the next time I tried. What I did was push the in then out Kind of like rocking a car out of the snow
Old 07-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #9

Sounds like you could have a bad connection on your switch. I would take the switch apart and check the connections.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #10

I'll see about getting a new switch or at least try bypassing it
Old 07-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #11

Are these Scwintek or the rail slides your having issues with? Are there aluminum tracks on the side of the slides? If so your out of sync it seems and need to have them adjusted correctly by the dealer. If you do not your going to get stuck somewhere with them not wanting to go in our out due to binding.

When the slides are out of sync or there is an error the switch only works the second time you push it down because there is an error code being displayed at the control board. Don't ask how I know this, let's just say I have had my fill of issues.

If it's the Scwintek you need to find out where your control board is and for the kitchen slide. I am going to guess in the basement behind the access panel, door side. When there are issues with these slides the control panel throws a code which is displayed on the board by blinking lights as to what is wrong. It cuts the power to the switch and will not work again until you press the second time. It is also very important to not stop midway during any movement as this creates a new stopping point for the control. Hold the button for 3 seconds after each movement to resync. Also there is an override sequence to get your slide in or out on the control board that you should know how to access and do.

If it's a rail system like most of the large main slides are on then I would concur that a connection issue could be the result as these are not elaborate in control like the Scwintek and just need power to the motor. If they are out of alingment that is physically done by the dealer and should be corrected soon as to not damage anything.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:55 AM   #12

renman,
As 3'senough suggests, if you have the schwinteck system and odds are you do then I recommend you check under the bed for the control boards (there will be 2 of them 1 for dinette slide 1 for bedroom slide). We have an 2011 model and that's where ours are located. Also as 3's suggests check the connections that power the control modules. If they are securely connected check the wiring connections going into the bottom of the control modules. If all connections are secure, and slide is still not functioning properly there is instruction on the front of the module that will direct you to depress a button (similar to a reset button) for a few seconds and lights will flas as 3's has suggested and will coorelate to a code describing the error condition. There is also an override option using that is noted as well. hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #13

if you have a Schwintek slide it could be just out of sync. Here is a link for troubleshooting. http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content...l-override.pdf
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote