Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #21

Unhappy

Last weekend I was cleaning my camper (2011 Eagle 330rlts) and noticed the corners of my slide seals on edge of outside wall were puckered away from roof, did some looking and all three slides have bad puckers the full length, I have toppers and my camper is permanently parked so have several factors against me. Have sent the dealership an email with pictures and will be sending Jayco the same. Very disappointed that this very noticeable problem was missed by Jayco quality control and the person installing the toppers and the dealership missed it in their inspection.
Used every weekend
CityFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #22

wow....thanks for the fyi, we have a 2011 23j, gonna get up there and check on our slide this weekend, we camped last weekend and it rained all night long and all the next day so I hope it isnt a problem...and weve camped once before in the new camper when it rained alot.....crossing my fingers theres no problems....I agree this should get put into recall section it is very useful.....thanks

2006 GMC 2500 HD (gas)
2011 Jayco Jayfeather 23j
elstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #23

My dealer has agreed to replace the tape on all my slides but we are going to wait till spring ( something about needing the suns heat). I expressed concern about water getting under tape and going in wall and was assured that the seam underneath the tape was caulked and water tight. Was assured that no harm would come to my slides from water............If it weren't for this thread I would of never thought to look, Have found a couple other problems that way also.
Used every weekend
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #24

Unhappy

My dealer says the tape problem is a known thing, they received a notice on them,, only to watch for tape problems on campers that come in for some sort of service. So they know it is a common problem but not enough of a problem for a recall to be issued. Wonder how they would like their 47k TT to have this problem and it not be important enough for a recall.
Used every weekend
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #25

The tape on my 2011 330rlts is doing the same thing on all 3 slides.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #26

Our 2009 32BHDS had the tape on the seam wrinkle as well. The dealer replaced the tape on both slides and also replaced the window shades that ended up with water marks on them. Fortunately the water that came in actually came down on the outside of the inside wall so it got the shade instead of insulation or anything as the dealer took the roof apart to look for damage (or at least said they did). My buddy had the same thing happen to his 2007 31BHDS.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #27

What a timely topic. We just had the trailer washed top to bottom and the wash man said that all three slides have loose tape. I am now beginning to think that our old Montana wasn't all that bad after all. Here is a run down of all issues we have had to date. Eight months of ownership.

1. Door frame was sprung and the door wouldn't stay shut.

2. Closet shelf flopping around ready to fall off the wall.

3. Two large slides wouldn't open fully or close fully.

4. Water heater switch.

5. Light bulbs missing.

6. Sink leaking around the counter top onto the shelf below.

7. A scratch on the floor that we think is from the kitchen side slide.

8. Propane regulator wouldn't switch to one side.

9. Brakes were full of grease from leaking seals. (came that way from the factory).

10. Tape on top of the slides looks just like some pictured in this thread.

All of the above issues except the slide tape have been covered and corrected with the Jayco warranty. I sure hope things slow down when the warranty is up. So much for Amish quality. LOL

We are in sunny Arizona for the winter so we will let our servicing dealer in Idaho Falls know about the tape when we stop for the cargo rack that was supposed to come with the trailer when we ordered it.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #28

I got on top of our 2011 298RES and found the same thing with the tape on the slides. Leaving for a short trip Wednesday will go straight to the dealer when I return. This is the only problem I have found with this unit since we got it in April this year.
Turn2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #29

Okay. Me, too. I had the tent ends from the 2011 StarCraft Exp 237 CKS taken off several days ago for replacement under warranty. Not that I think that the one pin sized light spot located in the beige under side was something to really worry about- but the rep gave me the confirmation to pull both off for replacement over the winter. While they were being taken off by City Auto and RV- I asked the tech to give it a good check having read this thread and since under the slide out rear storage compartment- it felt just slightly damp from three days pouring rain, camping. I put a ladder up before he got there and located on the rear most section, only about 7 inches were starting to peel. When he checked he confirmed it and he also commented that he did not like who the tape went over several screws. On the roof, he was also going to question StarCraft with how the roof slightly bows in areas at the edges. He thinks it may be a design to halp rain channel....but thought it was odd. Overall the tech thought it looked great. He use to work for StarCraft dealer several years earlier and just came back to Jayco. Though he said he had a learning curve to over come- it just shows that these threads and problems we face can absolutely help someone else out in advance. Thanks for sharing this with us- you certainly saved us frustration with the ending warranty!

Mike
Old 10-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #30

Mike, when I bought my 99 Silverado , I went on a similar forum. I told them that I bought the truck used and the warranty was about to run out. It was winter where I was and a forum member told me to get the rear windows replaced because they leaked air when the AC was on. Sure enough he was right and I wouldbn't have known otherwise and it would have been a1000 dollars to replace them. So your very right. We can help each other and that's the way it should be.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazinn View Post
OK, went up to clean the roof on the new TT this weekend. You will not believe what I found.

The seam tape on the edge of both slide out has huge gaps in it. It's kind of hard to explain. It's all wrinkled with the wrinkle occurring about every 6 inches and as high as a 1/2 an inch.

Looks like I'm heading to the dealer. Thank goodness for the warranty!

Anyone else every see this on a brand new camper?

Attachment 1719

Attachment 1720

Attachment 1721

Attachment 1722
Our new Jayfeather 24T slideout roof has a large bubble extending under the seal to the inside of the trailer. It is in for warranty work for that. You may want to check for that also.

Pat

Winnipeg Mb.
jayfeather421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #32

I have a bunch of small bubbles on the main roof. Jayco said that this was OK and that repair wasn't needed unless a certain % of the roof had failed. Mine didn't qualify as large enough. ?????

I made Jayco and the dealer note it on all of the paperwork as this sound very strange. This way if (when) the roof does fail I'll have some recourse.

Have had way to many issues (still at the dealers after 2 months) with this camper and am now very disappointed with this Jayco. Compared to my old Eagle this camper is a joke. Really starting to wish that I had kept it.
Chazinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #33

We purchased a2012 Eagle Super Lite 256RKS a short time back and so far are very happy with the quality of the tt. I read about the seam and tape on the slide so I checked this one and it has no problems, tape is tight and straight, no loose spots.

John T.
J&CTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #34

I just got my trailer back from the dealer. I had the tape issues as well. They had not heard of this problem before so in a nice way I told them of other people having the same problem and suggested having the old one taken off and the area cleaned and new tape applied. I got this feeling that that wasn't going to happen and sure enough they slapped on two more pieces of tape and now all three lines of tape are bubbled. So dissapoimtimg. Come spring I will deal with this issue and several others that weren't addressed. For now I just want to winterize it and but it to bed for the winter.
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
I just got my trailer back from the dealer. I had the tape issues as well. They had not heard of this problem before so in a nice way I told them of other people having the same problem and suggested having the old one taken off and the area cleaned and new tape applied. I got this feeling that that wasn't going to happen and sure enough they slapped on two more pieces of tape and now all three lines of tape are bubbled. So dissapoimtimg. Come spring I will deal with this issue and several others that weren't addressed. For now I just want to winterize it and but it to bed for the winter.
You're a lot nicer than I am. As soon as I saw the 50% donkey job, I would have politely told them that was unacceptable. If they disagreed, I would start to get ugly.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #36

Jeannie, I specifically asked them if they replaced the tape. He said we stand confidently behind our repair. Today when I went to winterize the trailer there was poop in the black holding tank. I couldn't believe it. I had rinsed out the holding tank including using a wand on it because I knew I wasn't going to use the trailer again until next year. I had removed the window screen to get the hose in. I handed my wife the hose and than filled the tank and rinsed it out until it was clear. I spent the better part of an hour cleaning it out again. I'm glad that I held off sending in my Jayco survey.
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Jeannie, I specifically asked them if they replaced the tape. He said we stand confidently behind our repair. Today when I went to winterize the trailer there was poop in the black holding tank. I couldn't believe it. I had rinsed out the holding tank including using a wand on it because I knew I wasn't going to use the trailer again until next year. I had removed the window screen to get the hose in. I handed my wife the hose and than filled the tank and rinsed it out until it was clear. I spent the better part of an hour cleaning it out again. I'm glad that I held off sending in my Jayco survey.
Wow, first they do a hack job on the tape, then they take a crap in your tank. Unbelievable.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #38

Quote:
I guess I'm a cynical, suspicious old bi...broad. Whenever I ask a direct question, if I don't get a direct answer and receive an evasive one like that, I'm all over it like a junkyard dog on intruders until I do get a direct answer. And if I had to drag an answer out of someone like that, I would verify it before believing it (I'm also from Missouri; seriously, I am).

Using your bathroom was just inexcusable. In addition to sending the survey to Jayco, I would also file a BBB complaint and give a review at RV Service Review. You might get some relief through the BBB but the main benefit of reporting them to both is to warn others of this unscrupulous business.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #39

I can't wait to post a review on the RV Service Review site about the warranty work that the dealer has performed on our trailer. Thanks Lady Fitzgearld.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #40

Thanks for the RV Service Review link. also noticed that other people had same issues with the service dept. Not surprised.
two university students.
Cancer survivor