Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #1

Storage Door Lift Arm Repair

Screws were coming out of the basement storage door lift arm bracket mounted on the door and the bracket was no longer secure.

I saw this Plate Repair Kit from Hatchlift, so I purchased one on Amazon

The repair kit came with everything you need to fix and secure the bracket to the door.

The directions were very straight forward and easy to follow.

First, after removing the bracket, was to clean and level the area, mark the position for the plate, rough up the area using the scotch bright pad provided, then apply the provided primer and allow the primer to dry for 3-5 minutes.

Once the primer was dry, the plate was positioned and attached to the door using the adhesive on the back of the plate.
Prior to mounting the plat, I marked where the bracket was to be attached to the plate. I marketed where the bracket screws would be slightly off from their original mounting location. That is I marked the new bracket screw locations to be slightly farther away from the door edge so not to reuse the original bracket screws holes.

The kit came with 8 self tapping screws to mount the plate to the door.

Some screws I was able to insert with a screw driver, others I had to use a drill motor.
When all 8 screws were attached, the plate was securely attached to the door.

The final step was to attach the lift arm bracket to the plate using 3 self tapping screws that were provided in the plate.
I had to use a drill motor on this step to mount the self tapping bracket screws provide in the kit.

The installation and repair was very easy and the door lift arm seems securely attached now. Time will tell, but I believe it will hold up well.

I was able to do the repair myself, but at times it would have been easier to have a 2nd person helping to hold the door.

Thanks for viewing and I hope some may have found this post beneficial and informative.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #2

That looks good. Nice find!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote