Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Trim on living room slide.

When we got home the other day, we found that the bottom half of the trim on the left side of the living area slide had come off the "wall" and was laying on the floor. When looking at it, we saw that there were six staples sticking out of the inside of the trim piece, two of which were bent and probably didn't even make it into the wood backing. Not having any way to safely put the piece back up with the staples, I got some small panel nails, 1 5/8" and drilled some pilot holes for the nails so I wouldn't split the trim piece. Thinking ahead, which I don't do often, I also put four of these nails on the other piece of trim to try and head off the possible loss of adhesion on the other side of the slide. I didn't expect this to happen, but after over 6,000 miles on some pretty bumpy roads, I guess something had to give.

Has anybody else had this type of problem and how did you solve it?
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #2

On our previous TT 2011 Jay Flight 26 RLS we had the same issue. Ours came off because the side facia of the slide was too long and dragged on the carpet when you would extend the slide. We trimmed the bottom of the facia and used some liquid nails sparingly, and small nails also and then covered the nail heads with some matching wood putty. Worked like a charm.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote