Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2016, 08:11 PM   #1

Two Inside Water Leaks 2015 Jay Feather

The water line connection for the toilet is a screw on fitting at the back of the toilet near the top. Under the water pump is a screw on fitting of the same type. In the last two weeks, both of these connections began leaking in my 18 SRB. They were obviously not tightened correctly at the factory, as I have only towed the trailer 200 miles total since September 2015 and there could not have been enough vibration to loosen a properly tightened fitting. Each fitting required from 1/4 to 1/2 turn to fully tighten. Please check all of your water connections so you don't have to deal with this nuisance. The screw on connections under my two sinks were tight. I strongly recommend placing water alarms under the sinks, behind the toilet, under the city water connection/water pump, and by each cargo door.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Two Inside Water Leaks 2015 Jay Feather

Another thing is always use a pressure regulator before city water comes inside.
Some municipal water can get way over 50 psi and can wreck havoc in a Rv. In addition, psi can vary greatly over a 24 hr period.
I think giving all water connections a tweak of tightening is prudent as I find them only hand tight on many
connections.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote