Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #1

Warranty Issues

Why does it take so long to have warranty issues resolved by Jayco? Our 2012 36BHDS has been problematic since day 1. All issues were documented at time of delivery and some things were handled by the dealer while other items have taken a long time for repair or replacement.

We are going on 2 years now waiting for replacement parts. I elected to purchase an extended warranty prior to the to 2yr mfg period runs out. I'm thankful I did since more and more problems with this unit. We keep getting the run around from the dealer now stating that Jayco no longer makes a part we need, but I see it on new units. Go figure!

We are really getting fed up with this unit, the dealer and the brand!
I hope somebody from Jayco reads this and perhaps decides to extend a helping hand to us.
Edgepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

I would suspect that your dealer is not working very hard on your behalf. I think you will find, in a while, from following comments, that Jayco warranty if very good, but the dealers may, at time, fall a bit behind on satisfaction. For myself, Jayco stepped up very well when I had a warranty problem and was quite prompt. My dealer was also quite good about getting warranty stuff done.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #3

I think some dealers keep stalling in the hopes that the customer will simply go away.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgepro View Post
Why does it take so long to have warranty issues resolved by Jayco? Our 2012 36BHDS has been problematic since day 1. All issues were documented at time of delivery and some things were handled by the dealer while other items have taken a long time for repair or replacement.

We are going on 2 years now waiting for replacement parts. I elected to purchase an extended warranty prior to the to 2yr mfg period runs out. I'm thankful I did since more and more problems with this unit. We keep getting the run around from the dealer now stating that Jayco no longer makes a part we need, but I see it on new units. Go figure!

We are really getting fed up with this unit, the dealer and the brand!
I hope somebody from Jayco reads this and perhaps decides to extend a helping hand to us.
Have you contacted Jayco directly about these issues? If not, call them, give them your VIN and ask for some help. They have been extremely responsive to my requests.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Have you contacted Jayco directly about these issues? If not, call them, give them your VIN and ask for some help. They have been extremely responsive to my requests.
X2 -- and don't be surprised if you learn a claim for items that are 2 years old were never even submitted. Jayco is not immune from its issues, far from it, but most service dissatisfaction are a result of the dealer or even the service writer. I would not be patient and would have made a huge stink if I waited that long for a repair. In fact I would have left the unit and documented it, because as long a unit is in for warranty work and not available they have to extend the warranty for the same number of days the unit was in the dealer or jayco's possession.

Personally I had a marginal dealer, but only one requirement for warranty to address a couple cosmetic fixes and to replace a dead Jensen Cd/DVD player. From drop off to pick up it was at the dealer for 10 days, a week waiting for Jensen/Jayco to send a new unit to replace the broken one.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote