Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #21

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
Local dealer requires leaving the camper with them for 14-17 days. If you're one of the million or so full time rv'ers can you imagine leaving your home that long? They require it to be empty, free of food, etc... Now go get a hotel room for a couple of weeks and then repeat this process over and over again as these leaks aren't all showing up at the same time. Jayco saves Millions by not having to honor their warranty. I spoke to a Mobile repair service today who informed me if I want him to bill Jayco he has to come to my site to photograph the issue ($85 service call), go back to his office and fill out all the paper work with Jayco, wait 7-14 days for Jayco authorization, call me up to schedule the actual repairs for another $85 service call. These trailers cost more than a lot of cars, can you imagine a car dealer telling you to leave car or truck for a couple of weeks for warranty service and we'll see what we can do? I'm hoping California starts a Jayco Class Action Lemon Law Suit! They can have this POS back tomorrow....
We have a 2016 Eagle I take it in for everything no matter how small!Persistence seems to pay off,unfortunately at the customer inconvenience.This is my second 5th wheel in 12 years.I still believe once you pull that camper off the lot.The dealer hopes he never see's you again.Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Plesant.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
Local dealer requires leaving the camper with them for 14-17 days. If you're one of the million or so full time rv'ers can you imagine leaving your home that long? They require it to be empty, free of food, etc... Now go get a hotel room for a couple of weeks and then repeat this process over and over again as these leaks aren't all showing up at the same time. Jayco saves Millions by not having to honor their warranty. I spoke to a Mobile repair service today who informed me if I want him to bill Jayco he has to come to my site to photograph the issue ($85 service call), go back to his office and fill out all the paper work with Jayco, wait 7-14 days for Jayco authorization, call me up to schedule the actual repairs for another $85 service call. These trailers cost more than a lot of cars, can you imagine a car dealer telling you to leave car or truck for a couple of weeks for warranty service and we'll see what we can do? I'm hoping California starts a Jayco Class Action Lemon Law Suit! They can have this POS back tomorrow....
I took my in last spring - summer for warranty. It makes me wonder though. When I dropped it off I was being questioned a lot about how much I use the unit. Come to find out the advisor was apparently trying to find out if I was a full timer. When I asked why she said being a full timer would void the warranty. It sat a the dealership from May to 30 Oct 2016. Case Closed. I wonder if that is really true though.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #23

Yep that's what they do!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #24

Well that certainly explains a lot. Still, the dealer could end up being your best friend in a warranty situation if you are a full-timer. I do have to ask, though, are you using a water pressure regulator? Having a single occasional or new leak at one point is not all that common on a new unit. But having multiple leaks successively occurring suggests that the system pressure may be too high.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #25

Contacted the local Jayco dealer [not where I bought my W Hawk] as I neared the end of the 2 year warrantee period. Had a list of maybe 8 or 9 things including a faded front cap. They ask me to email pics of the cap and a couple other defects along with a complete list of the repairs needed. They sent my list to Jayco for pre-auth and told me they would let me know when they needed the TT. Also said I did not need to worry about the 2 years to expire as I was on the clock as soon as I contacted them. It took them about a month to get everything approved [including a $350 allowance to replace the led tv that came with the unit]. They called when they were ready and only had the TT for 2 weeks to complete all the repairs.

Again I did not buy from this dealer although I did get a price from them. I ordered the unit from the on line dealer in Middlebury for a substantial discount. Couldn't have been easier to deal with and the repairs were very professional. The front cap was repainted and clear coated by an Auto paint shop and new decals were applied.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #26

35 PSI regulator, filtered water and the trailer is not being moved. (6) leaks in the first three weeks. I can only imagine what would be happening if I were dragging this thing all over the country. If you're just a weekender, you might not ever see the leak, use it for a couple days, empty it and park it for a month until the next trip. Now if you're a full timer that very slow leak that's under a cabinet has a chance to build volume, flow across the floor and or saturate the sealed under belly and eventually leak out the bottom. My Canadian snowbird friends won't touch a Jayco product. They leave canada for 4 months at a time and need a product that is backed by the manufacturer, that's not Jayco for sure....

Picked up my replacement POS television from the dealer today after 15 days. Filed a claim on the Simmons mattress which now has 2.25" of deflection in multiple locations. Jayco requested 7 photos of the mattress and I have to take this one to the dealer for exchange when the new one arrives. Of course I have no intention of putting either of these products back into the trailer.

Got to get this trailer in shape and then up for sale, can't drop it on another private party in this condition, (Bad Karma for sure).
Old 02-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #27

This is specifically for DealBreaker, and sorry for participating in a thread hijack. Having said that.........

Based on your description, it doesn't sound like Jayco has voided your warranty, or refused to honor it. But they could, since you are full-timing. But they haven't. They will fix the defects, but just not in your time frame, within your constraints, or in the place you demand they fix them. That isn't their responsibility under a limited warranty. I don't believe you can legitimately claim that Jayco isn't honoring its warranty, simply because they refuse to do so under your chosen constraints.

Now, you may be unhappy with them because the defects showed up in your particular unit. And you may be unhappy with them because they won't be sending a repair technician to your front door at their expense to do the repairs. And you may be unhappy with them because they won't place your unit at the front of the line and bump everyone else backward in the pecking order.

But I have to side with Jayco on this one because it appears they are prepared to do the fixes on your unit under the terms of the warranty, even though it's being used full-time. If and when you decide to get into another RV, you might consider reviewing the fine points of the warranty before your purchase to ensure the warranty actually covers full-timing, on-site repair, priority service for those who require that of their supplier, and an unlimited warranty.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #28

For the OP, the wait time you experienced is just not reasonable. In multiple threads around this website, and others, some experienced owners have closed the loop with Jayco, and placed a few extra phone calls. What most seem to find is that Jayco is more than willing to handle their warranty claim in a reasonable time. It usually ends up being the dealer who creates the conditions that lead to a long wait for warranty claims. Whether it's because they are just too busy, or that they don't pay their bills to Jayco, or that they just don't handle their business well, it usually ends up being something the dealer isn't doing right. But there are dealers who are good at what they do. There are dealers who handle things promptly and professionally. Those, unfortunately, are sometimes the dealers who don't give out the lowball pricing on the purchase of an RV. That's the buyer's dilemma.

That's what makes these forums so valuable. People appreciate it when a dealer handles things well, and they often mention it in these forums. So, if you do your homework, you might find a dealer that is nearby, is highly rated and professional, and you should be able to avoid long wait times for warranty or cash service on your unit.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
Well that certainly explains a lot. Still, the dealer could end up being your best friend in a warranty situation if you are a full-timer. I do have to ask, though, are you using a water pressure regulator? Having a single occasional or new leak at one point is not all that common on a new unit. But having multiple leaks successively occurring suggests that the system pressure may be too high.
Pressure rarely has to do with plumbing leaks.... Millions and millions of plumbing leaks occur on RV's and Homes every year that have properly set and functioning pressure reducing valves. Plumbing leaks are normally caused by one of two issues... Improper installation and or material failure.

In my particular case the two waste line leaks were clearly installation issues as the bath tub trap arm jamb nut was resting adjacent to the male side of the fitting, (Gapped). Same scenario with the kitchen right side sink trap arm which is behind the drawers and not immediately visible. The four fresh water leaks have all been at fittings, (3 with threaded fittings and 1 pex tee), again all appear to have been installation related as once I took the fittings apart, cleaned and prepped the fittings and re-installed I was able to get them to hold to date..

This should not have passed factory quality control and or dealer prep during run test of the various fixtures and systems prior to delivery.

If anyone knows of a Jayco Class Action Lawsuit please post some information regarding same....

#DumpJayco
Old 02-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
This is specifically for DealBreaker, and sorry for participating in a thread hijack. Having said that.........

Based on your description, it doesn't sound like Jayco has voided your warranty, or refused to honor it. But they could, since you are full-timing. But they haven't. They will fix the defects, but just not in your time frame, within your constraints, or in the place you demand they fix them. That isn't their responsibility under a limited warranty. I don't believe you can legitimately claim that Jayco isn't honoring its warranty, simply because they refuse to do so under your chosen constraints.

Now, you may be unhappy with them because the defects showed up in your particular unit. And you may be unhappy with them because they won't be sending a repair technician to your front door at their expense to do the repairs. And you may be unhappy with them because they won't place your unit at the front of the line and bump everyone else backward in the pecking order.

But I have to side with Jayco on this one because it appears they are prepared to do the fixes on your unit under the terms of the warranty, even though it's being used full-time. If and when you decide to get into another RV, you might consider reviewing the fine points of the warranty before your purchase to ensure the warranty actually covers full-timing, on-site repair, priority service for those who require that of their supplier, and an unlimited warranty.
Agreed!

Next time I'll read the warranty for specific notification that when you experience even the smallest of warranty item repairs, plan on leaving your four wheel investment in one of our dealer service facilities for a minimum of a month for each occurance...

That being said, Jayco under the right circumstances could literally be in possession of your RV for more time than the owner over the first two years...
Old 01-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #31

Warranty Work

Why does it take so long for warranty work?
Safari55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari55 View Post
Why does it take so long for warranty work?
The dealers don't have the faciilties and techs to keep up with warranty and non-warranty repairs.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #33

I think Jayco has little concern about warranty once there off the lot!Out of site out of mind lol.
brettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #34

Dealers have two basic types of service orders. One is warranty fulfillment and the other is customer paid. The first is at a fixed price offered by the manufacturer, agreed to by the dealer, much lower than the going retail hourly rate for labor, and often used as fill-in work when they are caught up on the latter customer paid work. That latter type is where they actually make their profit, and it usually takes priority for that reason. So, often, they get to the warranty work when they get to it.
Dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #35

Our experience with warranty repairs is that Jayco is not the issue. For example, our toilet seat cracked (no, I weigh less than 185!). The dealer has been waiting for the part since November. We are lucky that our service writer always keeps us informed about parts schedules and lets us make the choice as to whether to leave the trailer or bring it back when parts arrive. When reading a lot of these posts it appears that some owners expect Jayco to stock multiple spare parts when they know that parts are purchased from 3rd parties (stove, appliances, etc.). Our unit is now out of warranty so our dealers great communication is even more important. (Dealer is Mantecca Trailer in Northern California, Scott is our service writer).
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #36

Warranty works takes so long because RV MFG's can't build one without problems. Most are slammed together on a paid by the piece assembly line. thus you have every RV needing PDI and or warranty work. Dealers are back logged before new ones are even delivered. They're still fixin last years junk.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #37

demand vs supply.. We have never had to wait for warranty work being in a low demand area. We did buy local and get serviced local.. Our is also a simple unit with less mechanicals.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote