Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Water line leak?

We just bought a 2002 Eagle 12 SO. It sat for about 7 years before we picked it up and gave it a new home. I put new brakes on both sides but other than that everything seems to check out....except....

I (cleaned) then filled the water tank. I turned on the water pump and went in the house for a minute. When I came back out there was water running out the bottom left side from front to back. It is the side under where the pullout is. No water was running in the sink - I had left the faucets open so I could see them work.

Did I miss something or do something wrong - I probably have no idea what I am doing but it seemed simple enough. I can do big 'ol SQL queries until the cows come home but a trailer is a new experience. Especially an old one. Do you think it is likely a water line connection got tired of sitting or is there some setup I might have missed. I am afraid to try the city water connection now!!

The heater works, hot water tank works (for what good that does ), fridge works and I suppose we could just bring our own water camping but I would rather fix this.

I see no way to get to the water lines. The pullout seems too heavy to take off but all the interior looks to be seamless. No obvious screws or bolts to remove a front or side. When it is all the way in I can see under part of it but no way can I get in there from the front. No way from the back side. AAAaaarggg!

I searched the forums and looked through 20 pages of results. Lots of grey water, winterization etc. but no one appears to be replacing/repairing the water line on the side. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
djailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #2

Well it look like you have a nice winter project. You will have to start by removing the underside covering. I would replace all the water lines cold and hot with PEX. You might be able to Contact Jayco for the drawings on your 2002 jayco they may still have them. I would also check your roof for cracks in the chalking if it has been just sitting for years so you don't get a leak from the roof.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #3

Depends on where the leak is. Look inside behind where the city connection is located. Mine had a leak from one of the PEX fittings. Easily fixed once I found it.

FYI, in mine I access that area from the front pass through storage compartment. Have to remove an access panel to get to the water pump and other plumbing.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eagle, water line repair