We almost had a real fire from our Fireplace!!
Last week, my wife was sitting in the living room are of our 5er reading a book, it was cold outside so she had the fireplace on to take the chill off the room.
She said all of a sudden the fireplace had sparks and light flashes shooting out of it, she turned it off and called me.
I turned off the breaker and took the Fireplace out and had a look at it.
The Fireplace is a Dimplex unit that is found in many RVs.
It has 3 light bulbs in the bottom that light up the faux logs in the bottom, the middle light socket shorted out, burned the wire off the back of the socket and made quite a bit of soot and burn marks in the area of the socket and bulb.
I removed the middle socket, it is wired different than the two on the right end and left end.
The middle socket has what looks like lamp cord going to the socket and it is attached to the other wires with a wire nut. The right and left socket have a much different type of heaver wire.
What looks like happened is the middle socket has the left side bulb right behind it making a lot of heat at the rear of the middle socket, looks like the heat damaged the cord and caused the short.
I discarded the middle socket and bulb, fireplace is a little dimmer but still looks good and now it does not shoot fire out at us!!!
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW