Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
The product we used is ProGuard Super Coat for TPO. Here's a link to it. Lots of info on this page.
EPDM SUPER COAT - Pro Guard Coatings
I think there's the super coat, then the super coat for TPO. Either way, the quart cans I received did state for TPO. No primer is necessary for the Diflex II TPO roof. Just clean really well. A lot of what you'll read on that link is for industrial roofs. I scrubbed and cleaned the roof real good, then prepped all of the seams by wiping them down with mineral spirits then drying. Beings I wasn't doing an industrial roof, I didn't follow the exact procedures. A lot of conversation went on between ProGuard and myself over what I was doing, why, what manf. and type of roof etc etc. In the end this was the best product for what I wanted to do, coat seams. Went over the how to with them as well since this was not the exact product I had used before. I am very satisfied with the results, and believe me, it's on there, stuck, adhered, whatever you want to call it.

On the EPDM roofs, ProGuard Liquid Roof. Looks the same, goes on the same, it might even be the same, but I didn't want to chance it. I used the Liquid Roof on our last rig, and on the skylights only initially on the Jayco. Pretty much looks and acts the same way. Just a note, I did tell ProGuard I had already coated the skylights with the liquid roof, and they verified the Supercoat would adhere to it also, provided it was clean. So, there is a really thick coating on the skylights now. There are a ton of products out there to choose from. However, ProGuard has one of the best reputations, and as far as my opinion goes, they make the best products for roof membranes hands down. If anybody ever wants the contact info, I can dig that up when I get home. They're always more than happy to discuss or help you out with stuff like this.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-8 / Little John-5 / Iva-1+
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #12
Thanks for taking the time to look it up. I really like the idea of preemptively dealing with the roof. I used their EPDM (liquid roof) product on my old trailer, it worked great.

DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote