Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #1

What metal valve stems to use on a new Eagle with the Maxxis/Aluminum rims upgrade

I want to add a TST 507 RV TPMS system with the flow thru sensors to our new 330RSTS that will be delivered next week and so I have read that getting metal valve stems installed would be the prudent thing to do.

But the only pics I have found online do not show the valve stem placement very well (black rim/black stem). Does anyone have a 2017 with the Maxxis tire upgrade with the custom aluminum rims and maybe get me a better picture? Or can someone chime in on size/length of stem they have used on these rims with a TPMS? The shop wants to make sure they have what they need before the trailer gets there.

TIA,

J
Attached Thumbnails
Maxxis Tire_Rim Picture.png  
Old 10-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

I prefer a clamp in valve stem, with the nut on the outside so it can be easily tightened if necessary. This is what I have bought and used on my trailer wheels for several years: valve stems (clicky). I can only assume they would fit your rims.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote