Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

Where's the light switch

Just bought a 2015 Jayco JayFlight Bungalow 40FER...really like it. I'm trying to find where everything is and there is one light (the yellow porch light) on the outside of the Trailer near the outdoor speakers that I cannot fined the switch for??? Tried all the switches inside nothing turns this light on...Anybody with any ideas...do I have a fuse missing? Is there an outdoor switch. Does not seem to be a switch on the light itself and it would be pretty hard to reach...Called the dealer hours ago...they were supposed to call me back...nothing....please help...Thanks
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #2

On my Trailer i have two switches just inside of the main door one is for inside lights and one for the outside light. have you checked to see if the bulb is any good or if there is a bulb or there could be a loose wire on the switch. Could be a fuse but dont think out side light would have its own circuit.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

We have a Eagle 338rlts. The outside light switch is inside the control panel (behind a small door) with the slide switches, hot water tank switches, pump switch, etc. Not sure about yours.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

On our 40 fer the outside light switch is under the cabinets, the top row. Looking from the front to rear there is a Rocker switch, then 2 little switches together then another switch. The outside light is on the second set of switches the one towards the rear.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

You might want to also check to see if there is light bulb in the outside light fixture.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #6

Thanks to everybody...light was loose during travel and when we tried the switches it must have blown...got a new light and it works fine...found what switch it belongs to as well...Now we are going to label the switches until we get used to all of them...
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote