Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #1

Whirlpool WRS571CIDM01 Refrigerator

Starting with the 2018 Models Jayco has gone to the Whirlpool WRS571CIDM01 refrigerator. The issue I am running into is no one, (Dealer, Whirlpool,or Jayco) will address is the correct procedure for winterizing this model refrigerator.
I contacted Jayco and they sent me a PDF file dealing specifically with the Frigidaire and Samsung models used in their previous model years. When I asked about the instructions dealing with the Whirlpool their answer was "This is the General Instructions We Recommend"
Contacted Whirlpool and all they sent me was their care and use instruction guide. When I asked how to purge the water from the ice maker lines they responded with you will have to take it to an authorized Whirlpool repair facility.
With the Frigidaire and Samsung models there are manual over ride switches to open the ice maker solenoid and purge the water. I do not see anything of that nature on the Whirlpool.
I say all this that if someone with the Whirlpool model locates, or has access to specific winterizing instructions for this model Please share them.

Thank you
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #2

Manually Starting the Harvest Cycle in the Whirlpool-Built Modular Icemaker | Fixitnow.com Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Old 08-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #3

Thanks Grumpy, but Whirlpool changed the ice maker in this model, it is in the door, not the freezer compartment and does not have have those test ports. At least that I can see without totally removing it from the door.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #4

Why do they ruin a good thing? The old ice-maker has been tried and true for years...almost centuries.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Why do they ruin a good thing? The old ice-maker has been tried and true for years...almost centuries.
I hear you.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #6

Same issue and question

RD, I recently purchased a 2018 North Point 387RDFS that has the same Whirlpool frig installed. I do my own winterization and I have the same question as you. I have not gotten a clear answer or instructions on how to properly winterize the water/ice system on the Whirlpool. I'm just trying to get ahead of the game to know what to do before it gets cold.

I will be following this thread to see if anyone comes up with a good winterization procedure before the snow flies
ArmyGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #7

I called Jayco and the tech that I talked to agreed that they need to address this and promised to get some more information. If he comes through I will share. It may help if everyone that has this refrigerator in their RV calls Jayco and inquires.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #8

Has anybody found any updated information on how to winterize the Whirlpool WRS571CIDM01 Refrigerator Jayco installed in their 2018 RV's?
Or if you have already winterized your unit with this style refrigerator how did you make sure all the water was removed from the ice maker lines.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
Site Team

How to Winterize Your Refrigerator - Whirlpool Home Appliances

You are correct that it is hard to find. I looked on some other forums and see a few similar threads.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...aker-4714.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #10

I used air at first. But didn't feel it was 100% so I ran antifreeze through out. Then when I open up for the season I run a few loads of bleach mixed water from holding tank through the fridge system. Then just flush with clean water.
Joered is offline   Reply With Quote