Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #21

Fix the window yourself.I know you have a warranty and paid good money and all that good stuff.I have a warranty also.But I found it easier to drill out the rivets and replace them with stainless screws and a nut.That way when it does happen to me again it's a simple fix with screwdriver and small adjustable.One of the things I read and noticed is the window sticks to the weatherstripping very good and if you force it open that's when they bend and pop out.I just slowly open the window and let it come of by itself then open it all the way up

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #22

Thank you everyone for the conversation. I ended up taking the rig to the dealer as I had an appointment for some other work. According to them the track was not installed correctly at the factory. Now I just have to wait until the end of February for the first trip!
dwmiller78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:15 AM   #23

Shucks, good idea on replacing with screws. I did have an on-site service call and they did have to drill out the rivets. I have siliconed the rubber at the bottom of the windows as someone mentioned here.
Vaneta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #24

Update: someone on here mentioned being cognizant of not over-tightening the windows which might be a cause of them coming off track. Before traveling yesterday, I closed the windows and then later I use a checklist and come back and touched everything again especially if I've been sitting awhile (out of practice packing up) so I know the window was closed but I didn't "push" on the knob to really tighten it. Happened to look back after about a 100 miles and see one of the windows (not the one that had come off the track before) "flapping". Got off the road as quickly as possible and luckily it was on the track so then time I tightened it down. Don't know if the wind got under it enough to cause it to work lose or if the knob turned from the jarring of the trailer.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller78 View Post
I just purchased a 2015 Jayco 31UL and the passenger side dinette window came out of the roller track. Is there a way for me to fix it? Here is a picture.

Thank you,

Don
I did this exact thing when I was doing the walk through prior to taking it home. The dealer fixed it by drilling out the rivets and putting screws back in, like others have mentioned. I told them there is a bad design there, with 4 kids I guarantee this will happen again.
Pegsmi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneta View Post
Update: someone on here mentioned being cognizant of not over-tightening the windows which might be a cause of them coming off track.
It wasn't don't over tighten them when closing, but it was do not force them open too far.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #27

you are correct grumpy that it was not in this thread that I read that. But I had conversations a couple of different places about this and because there is no stop at the end of the track, someone else mentioned that over tightening could also be an issue. But I've learned my lesson, they will be tightenedfrom now on.