Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

2017 Jayco Eagle/HT Features and Inhancements

Since there is already a Whitehawk thread going, I thought I would start a Eagle TT/HT one. It appears the changes in the doc I received may apply to both.

I had heard from my dealer that there may be even more substantial changes going on with the Eagle line but they don't seem to be mentioned here. I am talking things like Residential Fridge, auto leveling, etc.

Also appears to me like they are also going to Gray on the Eagle line as well but taking it yet a step further because there is an entry under "exterior" that mentions an "automotive look" where awnings, roof, trim, etc. will all match.

Here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Eagle_1.jpg   2017 Eagle_2.jpg  
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #2

Thanks for the info, this is what I have been looking for. I'm in the market to buy in the next few months and have been really curious what the changes were going to be. I can't imagine they won't offer a residential fridge in the larger units. Self Leveling would be a nice option. We'll have to see about the Gray Exterior, maybe similar to the Open Range which is another unit I have been looking at.

Looks like you are up in Michigan? What dealer to you use there?
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
Thanks for the info, this is what I have been looking for. I'm in the market to buy in the next few months and have been really curious what the changes were going to be. I can't imagine they won't offer a residential fridge in the larger units. Self Leveling would be a nice option. We'll have to see about the Gray Exterior, maybe similar to the Open Range which is another unit I have been looking at.

Looks like you are up in Michigan? What dealer to you use there?
I actually got this info from a dealer in Iowa who were the only ones already listing 2017's. Another dealer, Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids, MI said he had a price list as well but all prices on that were TBD. My local dealer is Gillette Interstate RV and they were the ones that 1st told me about the fridge and other big changes. Still waiting to hear back from them so I sent a few emails to other dealerships to see what I could get and this is what I got so far. I will be rattling Gillette's cage tomorrow when I get back in town to see if they have anything new.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #4

I've noticed the dealer in Iowa listing the 2017's as well, just haven't been contacting any of them. I purchased my current trailer from Gillette's as well and was happy with them. Now almost 2 years after I purchased my trailer I was offered what I paid for it new from Gillette's on trade in for a new trailer from a local dealer. Not bad. Luckily with being so far away, I have had minimal issues and would definitely make the 12 hour one way trip to purchase from them again if the savings are as great as they were on my current trailer. I will be emailing them in the next few days as well to see if they have any updates on the 2017's. Really curious about the outside colors/styling, I really like the 2016 color schemes.
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #5

I got this from my dealer regarding the 2017 Eagle 5'er changes. Some of them look very interesting.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Eagle FW Enhancements 2.pdf (124.9 KB, 318 views)

2005 Dutchman M-31K
2016 Jayco 355MBQS (delivered 4/21?)
2010 GMC 2500 HD 6.0L
ctabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctabeach View Post
I got this from my dealer regarding the 2017 Eagle 5'er changes. Some of them look very interesting.
Thanks for posting that. It sure looks like Jayco is planning on standardizing their builds/options across the entire Eagle lineup from TT's to HT's to 5th wheels.

Most of what is on your 5th wheel doc reads exactly the same as the one I posted for the TT/HT lines with just a few differences.

Time to shake the tree again at my local dealer and see if any more fruit falls out.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Thanks for posting that. It sure looks like Jayco is planning on standardizing their builds/options across the entire Eagle lineup from TT's to HT's to 5th wheels.

Most of what is on your 5th wheel doc reads exactly the same as the one I posted for the TT/HT lines with just a few differences.

Time to shake the tree again at my local dealer and see if any more fruit falls out.
I agree. We ordered a 355MBQS last month and just found out that it will be a 2016. I am actually kind of glad as it looks like they have changed the middle bunk slide to resemble what others call a den. After looking at other models with the den we choose the Jayco since it looks to have the best sleeping area. Some of the other options like the "soft close" drawers, upgraded 48" HDTV, upgraded mattress and covered central command center would be nice to have but are something we can live without.

2005 Dutchman M-31K
2016 Jayco 355MBQS (delivered 4/21?)
2010 GMC 2500 HD 6.0L
ctabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #8

Quote:
More "fruit" has fallen from the shaken tree! It sure appears to me that Jayco is trying to standardize the options list and styles between the TT, HT, and full size 5th wheel models because when I combine the previous features and enhancements list for the TT/HT lines that have been posted previously and the new options lists for the TT/5th wheel lines, the differences are minimal and logical such as auto leveling on the 5th wheels but not on the TT. The only other "major" option difference I see is the new Sani-con turbo waste management system on the 5th wheels. It also appears that they are making the 3rd gen Girard tankless water heater available on all lines as well. My local dealer, Gillette Interstate RV graciously provided me with a copy of the options lists for both the TT and 5th wheel lines. Prices are still TBD, sorry.

Here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Eagle TT Options List.jpg   0002.jpg  
Old 04-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #9

Thank you for posting those build sheets. I'm thinking of a new 355MBQS and will be talking to a dealer in the morning. That will be helpful.
Rustysocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:44 PM   #10

Another user posted a video that shows a 2017 338RETS in all it's glory. Thought I would link to it here for those that might not be following the other thread.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...tml#post401619

Thanks Tarious!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Since there is already a Whitehawk thread going, I thought I would start a Eagle TT/HT one. It appears the changes in the doc I received may apply to both.

I had heard from my dealer that there may be even more substantial changes going on with the Eagle line but they don't seem to be mentioned here. I am talking things like Residential Fridge, auto leveling, etc.

Also appears to me like they are also going to Gray on the Eagle line as well but taking it yet a step further because there is an entry under "exterior" that mentions an "automotive look" where awnings, roof, trim, etc. will all match.

Here ya go.
The SaniCon turbo sounds interesting. Just hope there is a bypass for when it fails or there is an electric problem.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

Found these pics of the 2017 interiors.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
I purchased my current trailer from Gillette's as well and was happy with them. Now almost 2 years after I purchased my trailer I was offered what I paid for it new from Gillette's on trade in for a new trailer from a local dealer. Not bad. Luckily with being so far away, I have had minimal issues and would definitely make the 12 hour one way trip to purchase from them again if the savings are as great as they were on my current trailer. I will be emailing them in the next few days as well to see if they have any updates on the 2017's.
Just an FYI. Gillette has now been knocked down into the "not so great" dealership category in my eyes. We were all ready to pull the trigger in March on a 2016 where they were offering at least 25 percent off MSRP. During that process, we found out about the 2017 changes and decided to wait and order a new one. Now, Gillette is playing hard to get with their pricing and are all but trying to sell the 2017 so close to MSRP that we are ready to start looking elsewhere. I am going to make a "fair" offer to them and see what they say, but at this point, whatever good will I had, especially towards a returning customer, has been badly shaken.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctabeach View Post
Love the new options for the 355MBQS listed!! This one has prospects for our switch back to Jayco!
Air-Lift bags
DCN-TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #15

I called Jayco directly yesterday, and they confirmed for me that the 2017 Eagle 355MBQS has the new bunk room laid out with a loft identically to the 2016 North Point 377RLBH. I forgot to ask about the mudroom layout (the 2017 spec sheet says the 355 mudroom has been updated, but the North Point 377 has a bare wall where the mudroom would be). If I find out any more, I'll post it.

We are not owners yet, but are intent on buying the 355 within a year or so.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
I called Jayco directly yesterday, and they confirmed for me that the 2017 Eagle 355MBQS has the new bunk room laid out with a loft identically to the 2016 North Point 377RLBH. I forgot to ask about the mudroom layout (the 2017 spec sheet says the 355 mudroom has been updated, but the North Point 377 has a bare wall where the mudroom would be). If I find out any more, I'll post it.

We are not owners yet, but are intent on buying the 355 within a year or so.
Did they give you any kind of release date with photos?

We really love this layout. Saw the North Point and loved it. For our pricing the Eagle would be a perfect fit! Cannot wait to see this one.
Air-Lift bags
DCN-TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN-TN View Post
Did they give you any kind of release date with photos?

We really love this layout. Saw the North Point and loved it. For our pricing the Eagle would be a perfect fit! Cannot wait to see this one.
I have one on order and my dealer said that I will likely have it the first part of July.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #18

We are also looking at the 355MBQS and I was curious if the overall length had grown on the 2017 due to the bunk room change. I called Jayco and they said the 2017 is only 6 inches longer than the 2016. Total length is 40ft 2in. This is over 2ft shorter than the North Point 377RLBH. I thought that was pretty cool to still basically get the same floor plan without the additional length. They said the ETA is late July give or take a couple weeks.
MtBiker 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #19

I found the floorplan of the 2017 355MBQS at a HamiltonRV website:

https://hamiltonsrv.com/jayco-rv/eag...s-floor-plan/#

The door stays in the same place as the 2016, and the mud room stays in the same spot. That's the only thing that seems to differentiate the layout from the NorthPoint 377.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #20

... The bunk room door is what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk