Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #1

WhiteHawk 2017 model

Hello,

What kind of changes you would expect from 2017 models (WhiteHawk)? 2016 vs. 2015 came heavier, with some nice upgrades. Is it fair to expect no major changes to 2017? I am waiting for 28DSBH model and could not accept more weight than 2016 model.

When to expect that the specs are published?

Thanks,

Artur
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Part of the weight gain is because they went to a plywood floor which IMO is a good thing.
As far as possible changes the sky is the limit from no changes to possible discontinuation of the floorplan, which occurs from time to time.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #3

Thanks. I fully agree, new plywood floor sounds like a good upgrade. Based on my limited knowledge about Jayco / RV, I understand that 28DSBH is very popular floor plan, so the chances that they will discontinue this are limited.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #4

My only wish is that they build stronger frames so that the cargo capacities could be increased. My Eagle can barely hold 1800 lbs extra.

Makes it difficult to add a battery bank, ceiling fans, and some of the other fifth wheel options if they are already close to maxed out already.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Hello,

When to expect that the specs are published?

Thanks,

Artur
Sadly the website will likely not update the 2017 specs until August, if past trends continue despite the new model year beginning many months before.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Sadly the website will likely not update the 2017 specs until August, if past trends continue despite the new model year beginning many months before.
I agree. I did not get specs until late December on my 2016
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #7

Sure, dealers should get the specs as early as the system is open to order new trailers, correct? Should be May/June for WhiteHawk based on what happened in previous years...
Old 03-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #8

We were just at out local dealership on Friday inquiring about ordering an Eagle 330RSTS and the manager had to call Jayco to see if we could order recliners (like the 5th wheels already have) instead of the theater seating. He came back and told us that we could because he was told that Jayco is currently moving to 2017 lineups and that at least for the Eagle TT line, they are going to be able to be ordered with almost every option available in the Eagle 5th wheel lineup. The manager said he should have the 2017 specs/pricing sheets from Jayco this next week.

He told me that Jayco said things like larger fridges (12cf and residential) will now be available in the Eagle TT lineup as well as the recliners we wanted and even auto leveling. Color me skeptical (SOP when listening to a salesman), but if true it looks like Jayco could be yet again stepping up it's game big time and the DW will most likely send me to the poor house if all these new options become available on the Eagle TT lineup.

My biggest question is what that will do to the specs in regards to cargo capacity because as Fairenatic mentioned, the Eagle is already below 2000# cargo. Hope it doesn't go down even more due to these changes, or makes the dry weights increase dramatically.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #9

Jayco confirmed that the proto’s of 28DSBH 2017 should start showing up in the schedule next week for April / May production.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #10

We put a deposit on an (already ordered) Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS this morning. The dealer spoke to the rep yesterday and they are 95% sure ours will be a 2017 when it rolls in some time around the middle of May. We were told that the Java and Meadow interiors are staying but Havana and Almond are going away. Ours will be Java. Also being told 2017 exterior will be a very sharp looking Silver/Gray. We are really hoping all above plays out and ours is a '17 as it should look really nice behind my black Chevy.
wfd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #11

We picked up our 2015 whitehawk 28RBKS on monday. It was built the 3rd week of Feb 2015.It has a lot of options not available on 2015 models and the MSRP sheet shows codes for 2016 features so Iwould think anything built this time of year would be 17ish
steelweels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 PM   #12

We put a deposit down on a 28DSBH today and it's definitely for a 2017. One thing we've noticed as we've been stalking White Hawks for the past 6 months is that they made a 2016.5 change that added Windows to the slide out side walls, great for cross ventilation and light. The kitchen skylight also appears to be a little more opaque and the Furrion radio model in the entertainment center seems to have changed to a newer model with a little smaller footprint. If you go to Jayco's website and click on the White Hawk floor plans you'll see they have great 360 virtual tours now and you can see many of these changes there. Because 2016 was a year with many significant changes, they may just fine tune in 2017, but I'm guessing there. Anyway, the DW and I are excited to see what they have in store for this year - the line has been improving quite nicely!
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #13

What is the basis for claiming that you put the deposit for 2017? Have you seen the pricing for 2017? Have you seen any details of the 2017 model?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #14

I wanted to know before I ordered so I contacted Jayco's regional sales manager for NE USA and Canada, who replied that they are already producing 2017s and that any new order submitted now, even for a 2016, is going to end up being a 2017. Once they retool their production line for the next model year there's no going back, and that's already taken place. He also told me they begin positioning new pricing and specs with dealers in April, but I couldn't tell you whether or not that's accurate. The dealership I ordered through did say that if you ordered a 2016 that ends up being a 2017, you don't need to worry about a price increase - you get the "new" model at the 2016 price you negotiated. Again, I can't guarantee the accuracy of this, but it's what a factory rep and then a dealership told me...seems to hang together.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #15

Also, if you go to the RV Express website to build a White Hawk quote, they appear to have 2017 prices. The unit base price and each option are slightly higher than they are on Jayco's website, which still has 2016 pricing. And some of the options have been tweaked. For example, the 15K BTU A/C upgrade has been bundled into the Customer Value Package rather than being a stand alone option. And since that package is mandatory, it would mean no more 13.5K BTU A/Cs as standard equipment. Again, I'm sure this will all shake out in the days and weeks ahead. I'm just sharing what I've found.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 PM   #16

Thanks, Mikey. Exclusive Jayco Dealer shows exactly the same prices as Jayco website. Are you referring to this website?

I will wait until they show how exactly the trailers look like...
Old 03-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #17

So if I ordered a JayFeather about 2 weeks ago and it will take about 8 weeks (dealer quoted) do we think it will be a 2017 model? Or is it model specific?
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:21 AM   #18

Hey Bono,

Yes, that's the dealer. Sorry for the confusion, but I just checked again and the prices are different. For example, the base MSRP for a 28DSBH is listed as $30,255 at RVExpress and $32,804 at Jayco, although their option prices line up at the moment (but didn't a few days ago). And as of yesterday, RVOne (also known as RVDirect) had a THIRD set of prices for 2016s, with the Base MSRP at $29,543, although they warned me they were anticipating new pricing as soon as April 1 (today).

I think what we're seeing is a result of being right on the cusp of new pricing, and websites being updated by different parties at different times. And perhaps these are just late-2016 model year price changes, with more to come for 2017, I'm not sure.

If I hadn't yet ordered I'd be using Jayco as the authoritative source and I'd probably sit tight like you suggest and wait for it all to shake out over the next days/weeks. For us, we pulled the trigger because we'd been shopping for six months and we want to get in on at least some of the NY camping season this year. We were told delivery estimates are now 10-12 weeks from ordering so we decided to go for it now. And as I said previously, we also had Jayco assurance that any order we placed at that point would be a 2017, plus our dealer's assurance that we'd avoid the typical 5-7% new model year price increase.

Guess we won't really know if we were successful until the unit arrives, but the signed quote between us and RVOne (our dealer) specifically says 2017 so I think we're on solid ground. Our sales rep promised to share 2017 specs pricing when she receives it, if she does I'll share it here.

Coach, I can't tell you whether or not a JayFeather ordered two weeks ago will be a 2016 or 2017, sorry! It likely depends upon where your order is in the queue. If production on your unit hasn't started yet, I'd guess it'll be a 2017, because as well all know, they build these units pretty quickly once they begin. Construction start date is the key. I'd think that whoever you ordered through could run that info down for you. Good luck!

Just a general FYI for all, I noticed another late model 2016 White Hawk change was the kitchen faucet. When we looked at earlier 2016 inventory on dealer lots it was a simple goose neck but now appears to be a more substantial one with pull down feature. Again, the 360 degree floor plan previews on Jayco's website show this, and didn't previously. If you compare the website's still photos of 2016 models with their newer 360 floor plans, you can spot these kinds of relatively small (yet nice!) tweaks to the product line.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:42 AM   #19

We just placed an order yesterday for a 2017 Jay Flight 28RBDS and my dealer told me Jayco is no longer taking orders for 2016. There are some slight decor changes for 2017 so I'd be surprised if someone placed an order and wasn't told it would be a 2017 model. There were also some other changes to options. I pushed my dealer to get me information on the decor changes and would not give them money until I was sure I knew what I was getting.

Despite the pricing changes my dealer honored the price we had already verbally negotiated earlier this week. He wasn't told about the option changes until he called to get further information.

This will be my first Jayco....... we are very excited!
Ally39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #20

Attached is the product enhancements for the 2017 whitehawks.