Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #1

05 Jayco Granite Ridge lighter plug not working

05 Jayco Granite Ridge lighter plug not working

I just got an 05 Jayco Granite Ridge on Ford e450 chassis. There is a lighter and a 12 volt outlet on the dash. The 12 volt works but the lighter plug does not. I've checked all the fuses under the dash and hood. Everything seems fine. Some of the fuses holders are empty, but if I try to put a fuse in them they just fall out. Presumably because they are not wired so there is nothing there to hold the fuse.

I removed the radio and can see the back of the outlet. There are wires coming out of it but they go into a taped bundle and I can't tell where they go. I'm tempted to just rewire it but getting this dashboard apart is proving very difficult

Can anyone who has a Granite Ridge or even a Ford e450 chassis offer any insight? Does your lighter work? Does Jayco disable them? How does this dash come apart?
Jangelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #2

Interesting. I just went to Fords website and put in my Vin. Turns out I have an 03 e450 chassis. Guess that means I have a 2004 Granite Ridge. So it is a different fuse layout. That explains why MOST of them were as described but some of the fuses were slightly different. I'll go check in the morning.

Still, if anyone has a Jayco from 04, can you tell me if your lighter evwer worked? Supposedly it is on the same fuse as the ODB port, but the OBD is working fine
Old 04-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #3

I've got this figured out. I have an 04 Jayco GR on an 03 Ford E450 chassis. Turns out the fuses all worked fine. Problem was with the lighter socket itself. I checked the voltage and got 6 volts. Weird. I popped the dash open by removing the radio (not sure if that was necessary), then tugging on the wood grain bezel. It's one big piece. Two screws above the instruments. You have to unscrew where the headlight pull is. I couldn't figure out how to remove the whole headlight pull but unscrewing the plastic housing gave me enough wiggle room to open the dash and get my hand in there. I removed the wires from the back of the socket and got 12 volts. So something was wrong with the socket itself. To remove it is a pain. There are 2 little black tabs that hold prevent you from pushing the socket out the front of the dash. Even pushing the tabs with a screwdriver didn't help much. I ended up muscling it out with a combo of prying from the front, pushing on the tabs, and forcing the whole socket forward. Should be an easy fix when the replacement arrives.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #4

I feel your pain! I blew the fuses on both power ports on 2015 E450 (slow learner so I plugged the same bad component into two different ports). It took me a bit to locate the which fuses I had taken out. They were in a big box of fuses under the hood and they were not the usual automotive fuses but were $5 low profile J case fuses.