Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
I just finished checking my batteries they are all good ( last year I added two addition batteries as I do a lot of off grid RVing), batteries are full of water and tested like new. must be something between the batteries and the 12 volt system.. when plugged into 120 shore power my 12volt master panels says all is well , batteries at full.. as soon as i disconnect from shore power my battery level drops to one light(discharged). So i should conclude from that that the 12 volt converter is working fine but somehow my battery power is not getting through to the system. all batteries have good fluid levels and tested with a tester really well. I guess next step is to start checking connections after the batteries

Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #12
Hopefully you are using a Volt Meter to test for voltage and also an Ohm Meter to check for continuity.

I would take my Volt Meter and check for the incoming 12 volts from the battery to the back of the converter. If you don't have 12 volts then I would put my meter on the ohm scale and check to see if you have continuity on the Positive and the Negative leads from the battery to the back of the converter. Make sure you have the Shore Power disconnected when doing this.

2004 Jay Feather 25E
2001 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.55 rear
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.73 rear
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote