Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #1

2007 Seneca 35GS kitchen slide problem

The bottom of the kitchen slide on our Seneca will not stay flat against the side of the RV when the slide is moved all the way in. We watched the action of the slide during the transition from "in to out" and "out to in" and find that the slide floor is not rigidly connected to the slides outside metal wall. I do not know how the slide is internally constructed so I am afraid to tackle this issue myself. We live in the north end of Phoenix Arizona. We have had Little Dealer at the north end of Phoenix service the slides and they didn't fix the problem. Does anyone know of a Phoenix facility that has the experience and integrity to fix this problem?
stuts35gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #2

I would contact JAYCO and see who is in the area that does service besides the dealer you went to.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #3

Have not looked at my Seneca yet, but on my Previous National Seaview, the slide had a Power Gear electronic motor, and on that motor, there was a small lever on on far side of the motor housing (away from the gears). Basically it acted as a lock. If pulled toward me (on my coach), it locked the slide where ever the motor stopped, when pushed away from me it basically disengaged the motor. When I would load lawn chairs in the basement pass through, I would often accidentally move that lever from the locked to unlocked position. While the slide never actually came out, the bottom would move out 1-2 inches when I would start driving. I always knew as I would get unusual air noise if I had hit it, and the slide would not be flush on the bottom. Simply moving that lever in and re closing the slide would then fix the issue.

If you look at the pic on KWIKEE 520317S Slide Out Motor, 12 Volt Dc from UnbeatableSale at SHOP.COM the switch I am talking about is the brass loop you see on the end. Basically it slides back & forth. If you have that on your slide motor (look in the top of the compartments under the slide), try moving the lever and re-closign the slide out.

Hope this helps!
Bill
wducat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

I just realized I never gave the result of my fighting this problem. It turned out to be the lever was not in the brake position as you suggested. The lever is covered by a rubber boot. The boot hides the lever so well that it is not visible.
stuts35gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #5

Glad you found it!
wducat is offline   Reply With Quote