Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #1

2008 Greyhawk.. Where is my Jack???

Greetings all from Da'Burgh!!! First time post and first time RV Owner! Just picked up a 2008 Grewhawk and am learning as much as I can about it. In reading all of the literature about the unit and the E450 Chassis, I can't find anything about where the Jack and Lug Wrench are!! I'm hoping it's hiding in there somewhere...
steelcityk9cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

Did your Greyhawk come with a spare? I think they used to, but our 2014 did not so no lug wrench or jack either.

If yours does have a spare but no wrench or jack, the previous owner may have added just the spare. That is what I did so the roadside service tech will not have to scout up a spare and we can get moving a bit faster.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Did your Greyhawk come with a spare? I think they used to, but our 2014 did not so no lug wrench or jack either.

If yours does have a spare but no wrench or jack, the previous owner may have added just the spare. That is what I did so the roadside service tech will not have to scout up a spare and we can get moving a bit faster.
There is a hard spare cover mounted on the rear that's factory. I didn't look in there but I don't think it's big enough for the tire plus a bottle jack and lug wrench. I don't see any place in the stow-away's where they could be.
steelcityk9cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #4

I have an 08 GH with a spare on the rear bumper. The lug wrench was in the DS storage compartment when I bought mine used, but no jack.

I'm not really interested in trying to change one of those, I'll gladly hand the lug wrench to the road service guy if his air gun don't work. From what I've read, you need to be pretty handy/experienced with these types of vehicles to jack one up on the side of the road and change a tire.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Pretty sure they did not come with a spare or a jack.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #6

#140 torqued nuts means you'll need room for the breaker bar too.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:25 PM   #7

Good Sam or AAA will send someone out that will provide their own jack, and lug wrench. Probably also bring a spare.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky46 View Post
Good Sam or AAA will send someone out that will provide their own jack, and lug wrench. Probably also bring a spare.
When I bought an extra wheel to add a spare to our Greyhawk, I went to the nearby national chain tire place where I've done business for years. It was a Friday afternoon which, for me not being retired yet, is often a travel day for a weekend outing or the beginning of a weeklong vacation.

They did not have a matching tire in the shop and said it would have to come from the warehouse. Even though the tire shop was open Saturday and Sunday, the warehouse was going to close for the weekend. The new tire was not on-site until Monday afternoon.

So even though I'll leave the actual tire changing to a pro, I want to have a spare on hand so we:
1) Are not stranded in a tire shop's parking lot for 2-3 days waiting for the warehouse to open,
2) Will have a matching Michelin and not some off-brand tire,
3) Will not have to pay an extravagant amount for a tire on the road, and
4) Will be back on the road with minimal downtime.

Yes, it is a pain to carry the spare in the rear cargo compartment. But as long as it is there I figure we'll not have a flat.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
When I bought an extra wheel to add a spare to our Greyhawk, I went to the nearby national chain tire place where I've done business for years. It was a Friday afternoon which, for me not being retired yet, is often a travel day for a weekend outing or the beginning of a weeklong vacation.

They did not have a matching tire in the shop and said it would have to come from the warehouse. Even though the tire shop was open Saturday and Sunday, the warehouse was going to close for the weekend. The new tire was not on-site until Monday afternoon.

So even though I'll leave the actual tire changing to a pro, I want to have a spare on hand so we:
1) Are not stranded in a tire shop's parking lot for 2-3 days waiting for the warehouse to open,
2) Will have a matching Michelin and not some off-brand tire,
3) Will not have to pay an extravagant amount for a tire on the road, and
4) Will be back on the road with minimal downtime.

Yes, it is a pain to carry the spare in the rear cargo compartment. But as long as it is there I figure we'll not have a flat.
Good idea, I will do the same.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #10

My 2008 Greyhawk 31SS came equipped with a crowbar and mounted spare on real bumper but no jack. I was told that there no Jack due to safety issues and to use roadside assistance if tire had to be changed. Just traded in the motor home and thankfully no flats since 2008 until now.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 AM   #11

My 2010 came with a spare but no wrench or jack.
I assumed that was for folks that knew what they were doing if I ever had a flat...
grin