Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #1

2011 Greyhawk 31FS In Dash DVD won't power on with ignition off

As I understand it, there is supposed to be 12v power to the in dash radio/DVD when the motorhome is parked. Parking brake on, ignition key out, drivers side door opened and then closed.

However, I can't power on the radio unless I put the ignition key in and turn back to the accessory point.

Has anyone experienced this issue and found a fix for it? My Greyhawk is still under warranty but trying to avoid the long trip to the dealer.

Thanks!
Schmeed
schmeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #2

It almost sounds like the 12V power from the battery is disconnected, or there is an issue with the house battery. On my 2012 Greyhawk 31DS the in dash radio/DVD player will not power on if I push the battery disconnect. It makes me think that it is powered from both the chassis battery via the accessory position and the house battery when the ignition key is removed. A trip to the dealer or contacting Jayco may be the answer.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #3

Yep, I'm guessing the same thing. If I had a good wiring diagram, I would find and fix the connection myself. I know it's under warranty, but a trip to the dealer is laborious compared to making a quick connection myself.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing the coach to chassis connections???
Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #4

I have a Redhawk and my dash radio will not work on house battery. Is it supposed to? I really wish it did as it would be nice to have a radio on when camping. The only way I can get it to work is to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the accessory position.

This is the one thing I miss the most from our old travel trailer. It had a DVD/CD/Radio combo that worked on house battery. I know the Redhawk is a lower end model but we still miss having a radio.
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #5

I have a Redhawk and the radio will run on the engine starting battery. Start the engine, turn on the radio and turn off the engine. The radio stays on then. Try it, it works for me.

Don, Lake Elsinore California
Jayco 2013 Redhawk 26XS
Ford 2012 E450 V10
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
I have a Redhawk and the radio will run on the engine starting battery. Start the engine, turn on the radio and turn off the engine. The radio stays on then. Try it, it works for me.
Yeah I would rather it also work on house battery so I don't run the starting battery down.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #7

You should be able to just go to accessory position and do the same thing. You shouldn't have to go all the way to start. With that said that procedure seems odd since our 2001 Designer and now with the 08 Seneca the radio works all the time, never need to touch the key.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
I've tried this but the radio turns off after 5 minutes or immediately when I open the driver's door.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #9

I check.ed in my 2012 Greyhawk 31DS. As long as the coach battery was not disconnected the Clarion radio/nav/dvd was live. With the coach battery disconnected I would need to at least turn on the accessory switch on the truck's ignition.
Pocono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono1 View Post
I check.ed in my 2012 Greyhawk 31DS. As long as the coach battery was not disconnected the Clarion radio/nav/dvd was live. With the coach battery disconnected I would need to at least turn on the accessory switch on the truck's ignition.
My 2013 Jayco Redhawk does not work this way. I wish it did. I guess this is another thing the lower spec Redhawk doesn't get.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #11

Or you have a loose/disconnected wire or blown fuse. Most of those connections are behind the driver's side kick panel.