Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #1

2013 Jayco Melbourne 29D Leaking Slide

As a new RV owner, this is my first post, but have read just about all the other threads and found them to be very helpful and educational. My problem is the 2013 Melbourne 29D that I purchased in Feb 2013 has a leak in the main slide (kitchen and couch) when extented. I checked the sweeps and it does not cover the slide at the back top of the slide when extended. Took our first trip to Southern Indiana in Jun and discovered the leak the hard way, a real hard rain storm. I have contacted Jayco Technicians, three different Jayco dealers (one told me since I did not purchase from them they only do warranty work in Nov and Dec, unless it is an emergency and a leaking slide was not an emergency. Finally find a Jayco Trailer dealer in Southern Illinois and they are trying real hard to fix the leak. They followed the Jayco Technician's advice and tried to re-align the slide with no results. I am now waiting on Jayco to ship shims to be installed. Guess my question is, has anyone else encountered a leak caused by the sweep not covering the opening and if so what was the solution. I just don't think shims will adjust the slide to align the sweep enough to cover the opening. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated. Thank in advance.
hknight is offline   Reply With Quote