Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #1

2014 Jayco Seneca Freightliner Cab Power Windows and Cab Light

Just picked up our 37'FS 2014 Seneca with Freightliner cab. I notice after shutting down the engine and removing the key, the power windows still continue to operate when pressed. Two hours later I came back out to the rig, opened the door, and was still able to operate the power windows without the key in the ignition. Is this known and/or they way the Freightliner cab is expected to be wired? We have cats, so am worried they will hit the button during the night and activate the windows.

Second question: Is there a way to automatically turn on the cab light when one of the cab doors is opened? Appears to only be a rocker switch on both driver and passenger lights.
dwoodinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #2

Just got the same unit last week! Yes, I have noticed that the power windows do continue to operate. I will check on the lights when I get home today. Can I ask your color (exterior/interior) I drove mine 500 miles when I bought and I am so pleased with the handeling and MPG. I have the Golden Burgundy/Mocha 37FS.
ECGManager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #3

We purchased the Golden Burgundy as well. Yes.. handling is awesome. Very smooth. We had a 34' Gulfstream Class A on a Chev Kodiak prior and notice a substantial stability difference with the Freightliner chassis.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #4

My power windows also worked without the ignition key on. I had the dealer install a couple of solenoids to correct that (ignition on, solenoids activated, fused 15A/window). My courtesy lights work correctly, door open - light on, door closed - light off, or on/off with switch on light.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #5

Did ya'lls Seneca come with keyless entry? Website & pamphlet both have it under "Standard Cab Equipment". I've been unable to locate mine...
Old 01-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #6

Did you get a key fob w/the rig?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #7

No... no key fob. I'll be inquiring with my dealer as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

Hey, just got my ScanGaugeD today. It works like the trip computer that is in cars. It has a lot of features. Shows distance to empty, Horsepower, Ft/Lbs torque, turbo boost, gallons used per hour, instant mpg as well as average. And more. I plugged it in and took a test drive to check it out. Now I can figure out where I get the best mpg. $169 at autozone.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #9

I got my 2014 TS last August. My MPG seems to be 9.5 to 10.5. Is that what everyone else is getting? And my windows work without the key also. Also put a Scan Gauge in mine . I try to run around 65 to 70 MPH. Question, does anyone hear a buzzing sound under the firewall at 62 MPH ?
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #10

I get around 12mpg, but I don't run with my foot in the fuel injectors, rarely on the interstates, mostly back roads.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #11

Ci4mynewf- I do occasionally hear something around there, but more noticeably is a flapping sound from around the driver door. There is a flap above the fuel tank that is not attached, so I put some Velcro on, but I still can hear something.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGManager View Post
Did ya'lls Seneca come with keyless entry? Website & pamphlet both have it under "Standard Cab Equipment". I've been unable to locate mine...
I think they mean key pad entry on side motorhome door. I have a new Seneca, and I don't have a remote either.
Danny rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
I got my 2014 TS last August. My MPG seems to be 9.5 to 10.5. Is that what everyone else is getting? And my windows work without the key also. Also put a Scan Gauge in mine . I try to run around 65 to 70 MPH. Question, does anyone hear a buzzing sound under the firewall at 62 MPH ?
I test drove a 37 TS and it had sort of a whistle noise at 60+ when cruising. Dealer sent unit to 2 shops for repair before I took delivery, no luck.... Ordered me a new unit, has a little same noise when cruising (not accelerating or slowing down). I think it is the waste gate valve on turbo.... If anyone finds it, I'm interested... after waiting 5 weeks for a unit....
Danny rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #14

@Danny rab: Freightliner has a repair kit available for the repair of the throttle cable noise. (This is what you are hearing) Apparently its a recalled item. Ask your dealer. Mine here in Washington (Blade RV) knew about it. Its going in to the shop in a few weeks for its repair at the Freightliner dealer.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny rab View Post
I think they mean key pad entry on side motorhome door. I have a new Seneca, and I don't have a remote either.
It clearly states under "Standard Cab Equipment" remote keyless entry. You are right about the keypad, but it is under "Standard Exterior Equipment"
Old 02-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #16

Has anyone gotten the key fobs ?? I know it says we were to get them but just wanting to know if we all didn't or just some. Tks
rvsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #17

The repair for the cable noise is a TSB from Freightliner It is not a recall and your dealer won't find it if you ask for recalls. FYI
rvsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #18

My Seneca is a 2013 37FS and the lights in the cab are 3-way. ON-ON WITH DOOR - OFF.
flexdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #19

Well, my dealer fixed the cab light issue. It was a bad ground - they fixed it.. and now it works great. They also confirmed there is no key fob for the cab.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #20

Oh - also.. the Power Windows being "hot" all the time is by design from Freightliner apparently. To fix, it was going to be about 4 hours of labor. Guess I'll live with them as is. Kinda a crazy design!