Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #1

2015 Greyhawk 29MV

We are downsizing from a 35' Class A Thor Motorcoach; now in the process of purchasing a 2015 Greyhawk 29MV. PDI etc. is scheduled for next Thursday.

We considered several competitive models and came back to the Greyhawk because we like the layout, the Ford drivetrain/chassis, 2-year warranty, and the suspension which is far and away superior to the others we test drove.

Sure would appreciate any feedback/advice from Jayco Class C Motorcoach owners.

Thanks in advance...
Scratch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #2

What made you decide to go from class A to class C?
Old 03-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #3

We were not particularly happy with the class A which spent too much time in the shop and was more coach than we need. When we drove the Greyhawk, we were extremely impressed with the driveability and handling. All in all, it suits our needs much better and fits our RV pad here at the house like a glove.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #4

Congrats brother ! Welcome to the Grayhawk Family !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #5

We too traded in our 40ft holiday rambler for a 29 me. It has all the bells and whistles as our coach but is much easier to travel with. My only question is the Jensen jrv215n monitor that serves as our navigation monitor- It doesn't work! What are we doing wrong?
Sandykachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandykachel View Post
We too traded in our 40ft holiday rambler for a 29 me. It has all the bells and whistles as our coach but is much easier to travel with. My only question is the Jensen jrv215n monitor that serves as our navigation monitor- It doesn't work! What are we doing wrong?
Welcome to the forum. I can't help with your question, but hopefully someone in the forum can.

It may help if you mentioned the year of your vehicle. Also, are you saying the Jensen jrv215n doesn't work at all or the navigation portion is not working?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #7

There are issues with Jayco NOT doing the Radio/Nav install as the dealers "suppose to" be doing the install. My Bluetooth doesn't work as they did not put Mic in. Several others had similar problems. I contacted Jayco and they are suppose to send me a Mic to install. Only problem is, they don't have any in stock !! (

So, here I sit patiently waiting and staring out the window waiting ( getting excited each time I see the Mailman......

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #8

Good info. I'll put this on Thursday's PDI list!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #9

We bought a 2015 31fk in June. we have been all over Florida for 5 weeks now and haven't killed one another yet. The class C met our needs, is easy to drive, has more than enough storage and tows A Chevy Equinox with no issues. It was a little hairy driving down from New York in high winds but I think all class C's would have the same issue. Waiting for the snow to melt up north before we head back
snipe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #10

Test driving our 2014 29 MV tomorrow. Good deal (I think) at the $63k asking price. It has 7K mileage. I was interested in the 29ME but the slide on the passenger side makes the awning shorter and we spend more time outside then in.
Pretty sure we are going to get it.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #11

Welcome to Jayco and the forum. We've had our Greyhawk since August and have really enjoyed it. I expect your experience will be the same.

Gruene is a beautiful place. We spent a delightful Saturday there about three years ago while visiting friends in Wimberley. I even learned to pronounce it correctly as "Green."

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #12

Just bought a 2015MV mainly because of the floor plan, ride, and handling. Our previous rig was a 2008 Winnebago Sightseer on an F53 chassis. It rode and handled like a bread truck and I wasn't too excited about investing a bunch of money to attempt to make it ride and handle better.

So far really like the 29MV (had a 2005 Jayco Escapade previously so knew Jayco made a good product). My biggest heart burn WAS with the tankless water heater. We used the rig for about a week in fairly cold weather and that water heater just doesn't cut it. We followed instructions to a tee and it just didn't work for us. You're supposed to run on it with only hot water turned on and modulate the temp with the flame control. Well, the flame control is across the hall so it's a bit difficult. Needless to say after multiple attempts we gave up and had the water heater replaced with a standard 6 gallon DSI that we were familiar with.
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #13

Is the front room TV easy to view? Looks to be awkwardly mounted to me...
Old 03-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #14

Nothing great, but it's useable. It can be adjusted to any horizontal angle and would probably be a bit better if it could be angled down a bit. With the MV configuration it appears to be about the only place a TV could be located.
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #15

Also, make sure you can see the Bedroom overhead TV while your laying down in the bed. With my 26" TV I have to stand on the bed and look directly at the TV to see it. I am planning on replacing with a "tilt" control arm (even though the Dealer should be the one).

Old 03-25-2015, 05:29 AM   #16

Bluetooth Not Set Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
There are issues with Jayco NOT doing the Radio/Nav install as the dealers "suppose to" be doing the install. My Bluetooth doesn't work as they did not put Mic in. Several others had similar problems. I contacted Jayco and they are suppose to send me a Mic to install. Only problem is, they don't have any in stock !! (

So, here I sit patiently waiting and staring out the window waiting ( getting excited each time I see the Mailman......

After we took possession of our 2015 Greyhawk 29KS recently, we also found out that the mic had not been installed. We did find it in the Blue Jayco Bag inside the coach. I did call Jayco just to determine who is responsible for the install and was told that any Jayco Dealer is authorized to install it and it would be considered warranty work. Another issue is that the Sirius Sat was not set up. Supposed to have 6 months free through Ford. Need to determine who's going to set that up.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #17

Hi all! Just joined this forum as we are picking up our 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV on April 4th in Denver; looking forward to upcoming trips and retirement in January 2016. Love this forum! Any advice for me and the wife? Thanks!
soons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #18

We picked our 2015 29MV late September 2014 and so far after 2 short weekend trips love the unit. We are waiting for Spring to arrive and have booked a number of trips for the summer already. Oil changed in both the chassis and the generator and ready to hit he open road with the family.
allanhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #19

My Bluetooth mic was also not installed but I found it in a box in the MH. I'll probably put it in myself to save a trip to the dealer. I just don't have the "keys" (metal sliders) needed to remove it unit song can get behind it. The install diagram in this link shows where to plug it in on the back of the unit.
http://www.asaelectronics.com/downlo...ers_manual.pdf

Also, this diagram show where the Sirius antenna would go too. I doubt ill finding that laying around. The Sirius feature is greyed out on my display. Can't even get the code for the unit.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #20

We're taking ours in tomorrow for the following warranty work noted during last week's maiden voyage:

1. Repair/adjust all storage bin latches. (Most stick or are misaligned)
2. Install bluetooth mic
3. Large air bubble under shower floor
4. Repair/replace antenna hand crank assembly (Fell off while lowering antenna)

Compared to some units we've owned, this list isn't all that bad, but most should have been corrected during a good QC inspection.

Other things should have been caught by our dealer before we left the lot. For example, before we pulled out of our driveway last week to begin the maiden trip, I checked tire air pressure. One right rear tire was 22 lbs. under inflated; another 12 lbs under inflated; two others about five pounds under inflated.

We had also paid to have the unit exterior treated, but when it rained last week, I noticed no rain beads on the truck cab. I wound up waxing it on Saturday.

Kinda chaps my hyde, so to speak...