Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #1

2015 Seneca 37TS - sat tv wiring

Just picked up our seneca Friday. Went to set up satellite with directv receiver. Got it working to front tv and bedroom tv. Not working at outside tv.

Question: does anyone know if one of the outbound wires goes to outside/patio tv?

Can't see behind that tv to see what wires are set up without taking the tv out. That's the next step. Just thought I would check in case someone has already been down this path before.
TNortham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

Let me know what you find out in regards to this issue. Were you able to use a HD Directv receiver?
NMSeneca37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #3

2015 Seneca 37TS - sat tv wiring

Have you thought about the wirless direct TV set up?
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #4

I purchased our Seneca in September. I called Direct TV tec support prior to taking delivery of the Seneca and asked them if my Genie receiver which I used in our old fifth wheel would work in the Seneca with the Winegard Roadtrip Mission satellite antenna that comes standard on the Seneca. They told me that the Genie receiver would not work with that antenna but their R22-100 receiver would. They sent me the older receiver and I had the dealer install it prior to delivery. The main tv and bedroom tv both work fine with the R22 receiver. I have not turned on the outside tv yet to see if it works, the weather has been to cold to mess with it yet.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #5

I have a 2015 Seneca with hd sat. I've found that all 4 TV's work fine on the av cables trouble is not hd tv over cab can be hd and if you buy a wireless hdmi transmitter you can get hd in the living room as well they cost $200
brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Sam

TN, I have exactly the same experience. Front and bedroom receive signals and work fine. No satellite reception on outside TV. Dealer said that is normal. I called Jayco and they said I should receive satellite on outside TV as well. He said there should be a connection behind the front TV in a junction box. I checked and did not find a connection or a cable to connect to box. I do receive off air reception on the outside TV. (Go figure.) I also receive off air on both inside TVs. I have Direct TV and you will not receive HD with our Winegaurd satellite unit. Direct TV advised me that I can not use an HD receiver with the Winegaurd satellite unit.

P.S. I don't receive cable reception on any TV when I am connected to an outside hookup in an RV park. Don't have any idea why. Hope this helps. Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #7

Try using the auxiliary connect on the outside. I have no idea where my Sat connection goes but it's not to the satellite connect by the tvs.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #8

Our unit, that we picked up in early October of this year, has an HDMI "splitter" (?). I believe that is how the signal gets to all 3 TV's. The HDMI controller has 4 ports, but only 3 are used. I feel that is the main cabin TV, the bedroom TV and the outside TV. I think I have all ready over extended my knowledge base. Just what I know. ;-) At this time.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:55 AM   #9

When I was working on my 2014 Seneca 37FS, I emailed Jayco and they sent me a great schematic of the wiring. It shows everything and helped me restore the connection to factory design. I recommend the same for your year model.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #10

Direct TV Satellite

Directv is coming out today and I will post how it goes. I am hoping I will have no problem with the feed coming in above the cab, back bedroom and outside but I'll let you know what I find out. This is for a new 2015 Senceca 37TS.
NMSeneca37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #11

The wiring to my outside TV is composite (3 wire VCR vintage technology). My TV, Jensen JE3214, only has capability for one composite (or component) connection. There are 2 HDMI ports but no HDMI cable run to outside. The trade off then is satellite or outside DVD player, not both. I am currently leaning toward OTA + sat vs OTA + DVD. I added a 3 to 1 switch so I can also use the dash DVD player outside. Sat and dash DVD wiring is input to switch. Outside radio/CD/DVD player becomes radio/CD player only.

Your choices may be different if you have kids or HDMI cable run throughout…or yo have a different TV.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #12

Our 2015 FK had analog RCA-type cables going to the two main room tv's and the bedroom tv. The outside tv was connected only to the dvd / radio that is part of the outside entertainment center.

I went with a wireless HDMI solution which sends the satellite or blu-ray signal to all of the TV's simultaneously.

I believe the 2016's have HDMI connections throughout.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:56 AM   #13

anav8or,
Thank you for the reply. The "wireless" HDMI actually sounds like an upgrade better than the 2016 factory install we have.

Actually that sounds like a great upgrade.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #14

I was skeptical at first and bought iogear's "wireless HD video kit" which, at around $200, broadcasts the a wireless signal to one additional TV (in addition to the one the transmitter is connected to).

It worked really well so I went ahead and bought their "long range wireless 5x2 hdmi matrix pro" which supports up to 5 simultaneous TVs and allows two different sources at once (one at the transmitter TV, and another source to the remote TVs). Spent about $800 on that which wasn't cheap but sure beats stringing HDMI cables across the coach!
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #15

tv's in seneca

my 2015 Seneca had all kinds of problems. first the coach is supposed to have 2 sat conn over the cab and 1 in the bedroom. found jayco only wired 1 in the cab area. also found the outside tv had no video cable plugged to tv. both these problems I was able to resolve myself. biggest problem I see is some idiot at jayco put 4 hd TV's in the coach then sold you the optional hd dish and wired them to work on av cables!!! wasn't that smart.
I bought a rockfish wireless hdmi transmitter so I have hd on the cab over tv and the main tv it works great but cost me $200 at best buy. I sent letter to jayco but they never replied except jayco has now wired all 4 TV's with hdmi on the 2016 models, guess they fired the idiot. oh the outside tv works on the sat but receiver must be changed to 480. a jayco rep told me they had a lot of wiring problems and he sent me their wiring diagram for the whole coach which was very helpful.
brett is offline   Reply With Quote