Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #1

2015 Seneca tv reception.

Are their any Seneca owners that are able to watch all three of your tv at the same time. My coach tv wireing will not allow all three tv to be watched at the same time. I want to be able to connect cable, satellite,and air antenna, and be able to watch all three tvs at the same time. I have read n other forms that this is possible. How many of you Seneca owners are able to do this?
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #2

I can watch all 3 at the same time but all have the same thing playing. Is that what you are asking or are you trying to watch something different on each TV?
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #3

My 2015 Seneca TS allows for the antenna on all three monitors but only the front monitor show the satellite. When playing a DVD, the two inside TVs display but not the outside. My dealer seemed at a loss and then said this was the way Jayco wires them. Doubt this is correct, as I have gotten this run around on several items that the dealer did not seem to have the answer on.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #4

Mr. Oz. yes to your question. It wouldn't bother me if all tv were on the same channel at the same time. Do all your tv work at the same time with cable, air and satellite? If so what receiver are you using on your satellite?
Old 12-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #5

I have Direct TV and over the air TV set up in my Seneca. I can run all 3 TVs at the same time and select either Direct TV or over the air on any tv while all 3 are on. One tv can be on DTV and the others on OTA in any combination. I have never tried campground cable.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #6

OTA and Cable are mutually exclusive. In my 2015 36FK I can watch either DVD or satellite but not both at the same time as I installed a switch that lets me select between the two - this sets it for the whole MH. Otherwise I could only watch sat TV on TV by the front bed…I could not watch it on the central TV.

Soooo, at any inside TV I can select between
(a) OTA or cable as determined by switch
(b) sat TV or DVD as determined by switch

I changed the external TV wiring so I could watch sat TV (sports) vs external DVD player.

Results may vary based on Seneca model…for example HJ's main TV is up front so it has option for sat and DVD player to be connected as separate choices.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #7

I just do not understand why Jayco does not set this up at the factory for easy use. They install 3 tvs, then run a bunch of wireing. Some of it connected, and some of it not. No junction boxes, no switches, and of course, no instructions.