Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #1

2016 Greygawk 29MV Water Pump Question

Had a question about our water pump. I de-winterized today and flushed the water system on the City Water setting from our hose. Afterwards I switched to City Fill and filled the water tank. Once that was filled, I switched to normal mode, and turned on the water pump.

Everything works fine, good water pressure, all the faucets work, etc. But the water pump stays on continually with a rhythmic sound. If I turn the water pump off, it shuts off, if I turn it on, it runs continually for maybe 10-15 seconds, then goes to the err...err...err...err...err sound again. If I run a faucet, the pump goes steady, the water works... once I shut off the water, to goes back to the rhythmic sound. Its more annoying than anything. I will be taking the RV out next week, so I don't have time to take it in to get the pump checked, so I will likely have to just keep the pump off until I need water. No way I could sleep with it going like that.

Has anyone experienced this? We have had the RV for almost two years this coming Aug, and its never done this before. Hoping its something easy to fix before I leave, otherwise, once I get back I will have to see if I can take it in to get looked at before our next trip.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer...
Do a lot of Generator Camping
dpchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #2

Ensure all air is purged from all the lines and fixtures, including hot water heater and outside shower. If it persists after thorough bleeding, make sure you don't have a small water leak somewhere hidden such as under a sink. Make sure your hot water heater temperature/pressure relief valve isn't leaking.

If absolutely no leaks, might be a pump problem, it could be internally leaking from the pressure side back to the suction side. A pump rebuild or replacement cures that.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpchristie View Post
Had a question about our water pump. I de-winterized today and flushed the water system on the City Water setting from our hose. Afterwards I switched to City Fill and filled the water tank. Once that was filled, I switched to normal mode, and turned on the water pump.

Everything works fine, good water pressure, all the faucets work, etc. But the water pump stays on continually with a rhythmic sound. If I turn the water pump off, it shuts off, if I turn it on, it runs continually for maybe 10-15 seconds, then goes to the err...err...err...err...err sound again. If I run a faucet, the pump goes steady, the water works... once I shut off the water, to goes back to the rhythmic sound. Its more annoying than anything. I will be taking the RV out next week, so I don't have time to take it in to get the pump checked, so I will likely have to just keep the pump off until I need water. No way I could sleep with it going like that.

Has anyone experienced this? We have had the RV for almost two years this coming Aug, and its never done this before. Hoping its something easy to fix before I leave, otherwise, once I get back I will have to see if I can take it in to get looked at before our next trip.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer...
If it's still a problem. here is the fix. I just had a similar situation in my new 2018 Greyhawk. The problem is the pressure differential in the pump settings. You need > 10 PSI between the water pressure 55 PSI recommended and the bypass feature which routes water back to the fresh water take if the pressure gets too high. This is a plumbing safety feature to keep from bursting the internal water lines. The normal pressure for this is 62 PSI. The fix is simple one once you get the bed up and the access cover off of the plumbing compartment. There are 2 hex screws to adjust the pressure for each setting. The top set screw is for the water pressure the bottom is for the bypass pressure. Start by turning the top set screw counter clock wise 1/4 turn, do this with the pump on turn slowly clockwise until the pump stops. The pump will shut down when the pressure is >10 PSI. Check your water flow at the fixtures if it's good you're done.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote