Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #1

2016 Greyhawk interior LED problems

I just returned from a 3 week trip in my 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. During this short time we had 4 led lights dim then go out in the main living area and 1 in the restroom. This seems quite odd that many lights during a short time line would go out. LED lights are supposed to last a long while right? Also, thinking we would remove a bulb and replace it turns out to be a nightmare. The led lighting is hard wired, unable to replace bulbs. We could not even locate the lights at any RV store. I left a message for the dealer, but no call back. Will call again. Anyway, anyone have this problem?
terryinlivermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #2

All of my lights in my 2011 Greyhawk 31FS in the ceiling are LEDs and can pull out where you see their two wires where they insert. These double pin items are what I use; http://www.m4products.com/g4-t3-g6-35-double-pin/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #3

So I just exchanged emails with Jayco customer service today. Sent them pictures and told them about a half-dozen were dead or dying. They're sending replacements out.

Others have said Jayco told them they got a bad batch in
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

led lighting in my Jayco

Thank you for your postings about the LED lighting. I did receive an email back from Jayco customer service stating out of good will they will send me 5 new lights and a couple more. He said this was not normal but it appears that this is a problem with several units. He did not admit to the bad batch concern. He was unable to tell me how much the light units are since I know we will have more go out. So I will have to check with the dealer. We did remove one from the bathroom and it was hard wired, no plugs. I guess this just blows me away that Jayco designed these led lights to where we cannot just replace bulbs. I am glad that I know how to rewire lighting. It will be TBD how many more go out this year. Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #5

We too had the slowly dying issue with our LEDs as per my post last year...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...awk-35458.html

Our Greyhawk is currently at the factory receiving some warranty work and part of the punch list of 'to-dos' is to replace all the original lights in our unit (dead, dying or not). They agreed since they did admit to installing a bad batch when our unit was built (Spring 2015). I too scratch my head why they don't install a similar flush mount unit that has a replaceable bulb. I am sure it has to do with cost.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #6

Thank you Jack. I am going to approach the dealer about replacing all of our lights as well At this rate it will take me sometime to replace them all myself and I still don't know the cost. This guy at Jayco customer did not admit to the bad batch question.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryinlivermore View Post
He was unable to tell me how much the light units are since I know we will have more go out. So I will have to check with the dealer.
If you do find out the cost from the dealer, please let us know. I too am puzzled as to what engineering genius felt that these hardwired fixtures would be a good idea.

I'm thinking it's a matter of time before more die, and I'll be watching the net for either cheap replacements or some way to fashion a removable bulb into the fixture.

For now, I'll do the Leap of Faith and put in their replacements. Time will tell if they last.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #8

Last week one of the dinette Led lights quit and one of ceiling light goes bright and dim . My 2016 Grayhawk MV29 was built in June 2015 I Googled the part number ( 69231pp ) for the dinette light and found it on Amazon for $15.00 including shipping . It is metal body instead of plastic and has a glass lens . It was a easy swap out I just remove the old splice connections and find 2 #6 flat head screws that didn't prevent the lens from going on correctly . I was just ready to replace the second dinette light to make them match because the new light is twice as bright . I figured it was a fluke . I am glad to see the post about a bad batch . Just when I thought I has all the bugs out . It would be nice to have two trips in a row where everything works .
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #9

http://www.itc-rv.com/
the company that makes the LED lights . it is marked on the back of the light that I replaced
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #10

We have a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV. Last year we had a majority of our LEDs either go very dim, or out completely, after only a year. We took the RV in last November for warranty service, and the dealer replaced every LED in the RV stating that Jayco had a bad lot of LEDs for the 2016s. We now have all new LEDs and they work great.
Do a lot of Generator Camping
dpchristie is offline   Reply With Quote