Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #1

2016 Redhawk 31XL

Hi, we recently bought a 2016 Redhawk 31XL (used with 7,000 miles on it) in May and are complete newbie's to the RV world. Firstly, I would like to say thank you for all the information that you all share here, it has been so easy to find an answer to just about any question we have had about our new MH. We had it out for a couple of weekends in June and are now in the middle of a two week trip to Ontario with our four small kids (home is in Nova Scotia). So far so good, we are really enjoying the MH and it is working pretty good and running smoother than we thought on the highway with the exception of a bumpy ride down from Northern New Brunswick and down through Quebec on a windy day (bit nerve wracking to be honest).

I do have a question I'm hoping you can help me with. One of the kids has pulled part of the rubber seal around the door loose and it is flapping away as we drive. It is still screwed in at the bottom but one full side has come loose and I can't seem to get it back into the seam around the door. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get it back in? Should I apply some glue or adhesive first?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevemcsweeney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new-to-you Redhawk and welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the Radhawk. Hopefully someone will be along that will have something helpful.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #3

If the seal itself is not torn or damaged you may be able to re-install it. Look and see if there is a rubber "bead" that goes into the track around the door. If there is a "bead", then you will probably have to remove the entire seal from around the door (removing the screws) and work the rubber seal all the way around the door frame to re-install. Similar to removing and installing new wiper blades. some silicone lube may make the job easier if you have to slide/push the seal all the way around the door frame.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #4

Thanks for the help, I was able to get it back in and tomorrow will see how it holds up at 65 mph. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevemcsweeney7 is offline   Reply With Quote