Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

2017 29w armrest

Just picked up a 2017 29w. I can't seem to get the drivers armrest down from upright more than a 45° angle. Anybody have any tricks or answers? I'm sure it's something stupid I should know, but I'd hate to drive 3 hours back to the dealer for an armrest.

The passenger side works fine. It has a slight catch at 45°, but then will go on down.

Thanks!
motox851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #2

Adjustable arn rests generally either have a release latch in the front or a knob on the underside of the arm rest. Now if you can adjust the passenger seat to different elivations the drivers should be the same. If you do not have the adjustable option the arm rest should still swivel close to 90 degrees from the full upright position.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

Just reread your post. Hold the adjuster in the up position and take the arm off and see if you see anything that cause some your problem. Then put it back on and lower it holding the adjuster in the up or free position. These are just the new equipment frustrations. Best of luck welcome to the forum.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply!!
Do you know how I remove the armrest? I put it in the upright position, pushed, pulled, and twisted. I couldn't get it to move or give at all other than rotate down about half of what it should.
It is completely covered with leatherette material. There are no adjustment knobs or latches to release it. It's only design is upright and 90 degrees.
motox851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #5

The armrest will come off start in the up right position push in towards the seat back and continue rotating up and towards the back. What you have is a shaft with a pin that fits behind a slotted ring. It has been a few years since I had the non adjustable arm rests and to tell you the truth I hated them so much I considered buying two new seats because the wife could not lean her seat back and have the arm rests down.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old skipper View Post
The armrest will come off start in the up right position push in towards the seat back and continue rotating up and towards the back. What you have is a shaft with a pin that fits behind a slotted ring. It has been a few years since I had the non adjustable arm rests and to tell you the truth I hated them so much I considered buying two new seats because the wife could not lean her seat back and have the arm rests down.
Hello, just purchased a 2017 29ME with the same issue. I had both seat arm rest at the wrong angle. All I did was apply pressure down ward at the end of the armrest and then slowly move to the desirable position and returned fully upright, give it a try.
ptobie is offline   Reply With Quote