Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #21

Smile Inaugural trip update

Well, I've made it back home for a short stay after traveling to Joliet, IL (from AZ) to pick up my 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. I left Joliet and headed to western TN to pick up my daughter and grandson. On to Galveston island, TX for a couple of weeks and then on to San Antonio and Fort Stockton and then north to Albuequerque, NM and then on to Colorado Springs, CO for a night and then on to Estes Park, CO for a couple of nights and then Cherry Creek State Park near Denver for a couple of nights. From there we headed south to Santa Fe, NM and then on to Flagstaff, AZ and then finally to Las Vegas, NV. Wish I had dropped the Las Vegas piece of the trip. It was way too hot to enjoy the time there. The only thing I think Jayco should add is the automatic awnings over the slides. After a heavy rainstorm my first night of staying in the RV, I realized the design flaw on the slideouts. They definitely need to be covered. My brother was nice enough to get up on a big ladder and hose down the whole RV and make sure the slides were cleaned of all the leaves from his big trees so I could retract the slides and hit the road. After that I was careful to NOT pick a site that had trees I might have to worry about. I was very happy with my experience with Rick's RV in Joliet. Great place to buy an RV. I'll be back on the road again soon for the next trip I have planned. Thanks to everyone for the advice you offered me. Wish I had realized when you buy the 2nd A/C option you end up without heatpumps. That meant I burned propane when I needed heat in my early days on the trip. I thought I was actually getting heat pumps but found that's only true if you stick to the single unit. Oh well, lesson learned, read the fine print.
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingOneDayataTime View Post
I also live in AZ and wondering how you like your 29MV so far? Anything you wished you ordered or didn't? Enough storage space? How was the service department in making repairs? If you don't mind answering, were you happy with the dealer? In the next month or two, I have decided on the 29MV too and would appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
I have now put over 7,800 miles on my 29MV and love it. I have made two long trips. First one I started by picking up my new 29MV in Joliet, IL and drove to TN to pick up my daughter and grandson. Drove to Galveston island, TX and spent two weeks and then drove to San Antonio, TX and then boondocked at WalMart in Fort Stockton, TX and then drove on to meet up with a friend in Albuquerque, NM. Spent a couple of nights and then drove on to Colorado Springs, CO and spent a couple of nights and then drove on up to Estes Park, CO and spent a couple of nights and then drove back to Aurora, CO and spent several days. From there we drove to Santa Fe, NM and then on to stop in Flagstaff, AZ for the night and then on to Las Veags, NV for 5 nights and finally returned home to AZ for some rest. Next trip was for genealogy research back in IL and KY. Two weeks total. Way too much driving and not enough spending nights in campgrounds. Already have two more trips planned. So far so good. I would change a thing about my 29MV but I'm not crazy about towing my car with the Demco Kar Kaddy SS. Hard to keep the straps in place and they have come off several times. I talked to another guy with the same dolly and he says he has experienced the same problems I have with the straps. Hope this helps you with your decision making process.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegs View Post
Well, I've made it back home for a short stay after traveling to Joliet, IL (from AZ) to pick up my 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. I left Joliet and headed to western TN to pick up my daughter and grandson. On to Galveston island, TX for a couple of weeks and then on to San Antonio and Fort Stockton and then north to Albuequerque, NM and then on to Colorado Springs, CO for a night and then on to Estes Park, CO for a couple of nights and then Cherry Creek State Park near Denver for a couple of nights. From there we headed south to Santa Fe, NM and then on to Flagstaff, AZ and then finally to Las Vegas, NV. Wish I had dropped the Las Vegas piece of the trip. It was way too hot to enjoy the time there. The only thing I think Jayco should add is the automatic awnings over the slides. After a heavy rainstorm my first night of staying in the RV, I realized the design flaw on the slideouts. They definitely need to be covered. My brother was nice enough to get up on a big ladder and hose down the whole RV and make sure the slides were cleaned of all the leaves from his big trees so I could retract the slides and hit the road. After that I was careful to NOT pick a site that had trees I might have to worry about. I was very happy with my experience with Rick's RV in Joliet. Great place to buy an RV. I'll be back on the road again soon for the next trip I have planned. Thanks to everyone for the advice you offered me. Wish I had realized when you buy the 2nd A/C option you end up without heatpumps. That meant I burned propane when I needed heat in my early days on the trip. I thought I was actually getting heat pumps but found that's only true if you stick to the single unit. Oh well, lesson learned, read the fine print.
What a wonderful inaugural trip. Looks like you had a great time. We live in Las Vegas and agree with you wholeheartedly, the heat can be unbearable in summer. The same holds true for Phoenix where we once lived. From Estes Park, CO did you get in to Rocky Mountain National Park?
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #24

Yes, I did drive up into Rocky Mountain National Park. Did not see many elk this time but when we returned to our campground, we saw five elk right at the entrance.

Phoenix is too hot right now and I'm ready to head out again to a cooler spot. After this trip I have another one planned for up in Show Low, AZ. Supposed to be cooler up there. One of my former neighbors used to have a home up there for summer and owned condo near me for the winter months. We'll see if that works for me too.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #25

Mid-September should be the start of rutting season. I enjoy night trips to RMNP and listening to the elk bugle. But, it's a short trip for me.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote