Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

2017 Greyhawk 31FS Where are the components?

Well we are getting ready for our first trip in this 2017 31FS. I admit to a little anxiety, cause I still don't have a full understanding of the rig. The manual is so generic as to be no help. In particular, where is the inverter located? Where is the converter located? Where is the water tank at? And why is there two temperature scales on the stock thermostat? I do know where the power center is. When I had my 96 Eagle I use to like lifting the dinette seat and actually looking at the water tank, even though it had the electronic monitor panel. My first inclination is to look where my old Jayco had it's stuff, but I have to adapt to this new rig. Thanks for any help.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

In my 2016 31DS electronics are located under the bed. Lift mattress, remove access panel and they are under there. The Inverter, the Automatic Transfer Relay, and Power Center.

Water tank is located underneath the RV. Crawl under and lookup. You should see it.

Thermostat has a scale for actual temperature, and another for the desired temperature setting.

Happy Travels in your new Rig!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0527.jpg  
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #3

Thank you Tom, do you guys know where the water pump is ?
Old 04-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #4

My water pump is located in the outside rear storage compartment. There is a removable panel in there where the water pump and replaceable water filter are located. Yours could be different.
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
Old 04-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #5

On my 2016 31FS, the water pump is under the queen bed. It is concealed by a long, narrow wooden cover secured by a few screws into the carpet and bed frame. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

-Doug
MontanaBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #6

Thank you guys. Yes it's all under the bed like you said, and the water pump is indeed inside that long narrow wood cover under there also. Makes me feel better at least knowing where it's all at.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #7

Second Hose Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom463219 View Post
My water pump is located in the outside rear storage compartment. There is a removable panel in there where the water pump and replaceable water filter are located. Yours could be different.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom,

The water compartment, there are two connections,,, top one is for fresh water , etc, what is the bottom one for".............. is it for flushing out the black tank. I knew every inch of my class A.... beginning to wish l had not down sized.

Tom
GrayHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom,

The water compartment, there are two connections,,, top one is for fresh water , etc, what is the bottom one for".............. is it for flushing out the black tank. I knew every inch of my class A.... beginning to wish l had not down sized.

Tom
Yes the bottom connection is for flushing out the black tank. You will eventually know all about your Greyhawk too. It was like that for me too. My last unit was a Trailer.
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes the bottom connection is for flushing out the black tank. You will eventually know all about your Greyhawk too. It was like that for me too. My last unit was a Trailer.

Thanks again Tom...... they don't mark anything on them any more,,,,, so I will tag it with label myself............. did you put and tire extenders on your rig.............. dullies especially and if you did what type did you use
Old 05-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #10

Quote:

Thanks again Tom...... they don't mark anything on them any more,,,,, so I will tag it with label myself............. did you put and tire extenders on your rig.............. dullies especially and if you did what type did you use

I put these on the duallies

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put on a TPMS system to monitor the tire pressure from the drivers seat.
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #11

Extensions

Quote:
I put these on the duallies

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also put on a TPMS system to monitor the tire pressure from the drivers seat.
Thanks again Tom......I have a TPMS Also from my last Rig...... now it is just to find a place to put it........... GPS I have stuck to the windshield just under the rear view mirror, keeps that out of the way, I may move it as it has a recording feature as well....... just had new batteries put in the Modules and have to re program them, which I hate doing....... once again thanks...... I labeled the Black tank rinse just in case. You have been a wealth of information.

Tom
Old 05-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #12

The other mark I made in the water compartment with a Sharpie was "Loosen" with an arrow going clockwise.

I could never remember which way to turn the ring to loosen the hose.
pconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Tom,

Tom

I just wanted to chime in and say that RVs are custom built, meaning that sometimes, things are flipped around a bit and it can be very confusing for a first timer.

For example, I have a 2017 Greyhawk 31FS and my flush port is on the top and my fill port is on the bottom. But in fairness, the stickers are next to the correct connections. But you can't make a blanket statement saying "the black tank flush is on the bottom" when it's not universally true.

-New RVer
mkallevant is offline   Reply With Quote