Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #31
I haven't had any issues with the stabilizers but I have been meaning to throw out a question about the mattress. We have been having a problem with the top dipping in the middle making it uncomfortable to sleep on. On our mattress the part that flips up is thicker than the head part to compensate for the difference in height of the slide and the stationary part. There is a part of the mattress that is unsupported because of the height difference right at the "hinge" part of the mattress towards the head of the bed. I think our mattress is either wrong or not engineered very well. There is about 3" at the hinge that is un-supported. Is anyone else with the rear slide have this problem?

Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #32
No trouble with our stabilizers, thank goodness. If I'm following you on the mattress issue, we've been stuffing a rolled up lap comforter where the "bend" is to fill in the space where the mattress is uneven. We use that so that when we slide in, the comforter is light-weight and slips right out from under the mattress. We haven't even looked at mattresses that have the bend in them to see if it could be replaced with something better - bet they're pricy since they're so unusual. That flaw in design is a disappointment; because overall, the memory foam quality of it is very comfortable. Really, for the most part we are very, very pleased with the Melbourne - no regrets. We're getting ready for our last trip of the fall. All total, we've been gone about 12 weeks in 2 to 3 week segments.

2017 Melbourne 24k - 2003 Jeep Wrangler
2013 Premier 19FBPR; 2013 Rpod 177 HRE
2011 Aliner Sport; 2008 Little Guy 5-Wide
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia
koko is offline   Reply With Quote