Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #101

We have the 24K so we have 2 slides not the one large one on the 24L. Ours seem to slide kinda rough but they don't move up and down at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pamanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscudder View Post
We bought our Melbourne 24L from Camping World and are having difficulty getting it back in for warranty work. Our slide moves up and down a couple inches on the backside when extending as if it is going over something. I've had previous vehicles with slides and they did not do this. The slide moves in and out fine, but I am wondering if this is something other Melbourne 24Ls do or if I have a serious problem.
Welcome to the forum. Here is another post with a slide issue on the 24L. You might want to contact them to see the outcome and if it is the same issue you are having. Please keep us updated as to what your solution ends up being.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f4...24l-38916.html
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaInTexas View Post
Yes we have the 24k with bunk overhead. We took the door off and insert a piece of plywood and attached a flat tv holder It was orginally one of those arms you had to swing out. The radio is complicated to use.
We'd like to be able to see the TV on our 2018 Melbourne 24k and I imagine it would need to be like this. When you mounted on the plywood, is it attached in a stationary position or on a swivel arm? Thinking stationary would be more secure when traveling. We do use that little cabinet above the door, but surely can find a spot for the things we keep in it. Thanks for posting your ideas - always nice to see that something in my mind is actually possible ;-)
mt1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #104
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt1314 View Post
We'd like to be able to see the TV on our 2018 Melbourne 24k and I imagine it would need to be like this. When you mounted on the plywood, is it attached in a stationary position or on a swivel arm? Thinking stationary would be more secure when traveling. We do use that little cabinet above the door, but surely can find a spot for the things we keep in it. Thanks for posting your ideas - always nice to see that something in my mind is actually possible ;-)
Just a comment: This quoted post is over 3 years old.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #105
shw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscudder View Post
We bought our Melbourne 24L from Camping World and are having difficulty getting it back in for warranty work. Our slide moves up and down a couple inches on the backside when extending as if it is going over something. I've had previous vehicles with slides and they did not do this. The slide moves in and out fine, but I am wondering if this is something other Melbourne 24Ls do or if I have a serious problem.
we have a 2019 Mel 24L, have not noticed what you are mentioning on the slide---but had heard some squealing----ended up being a dog toy got under the darn thing----but the slide out is a little drafty when the wind blows....
shw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #106

We mounted a tv mount to the plywood.
LindaInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote