Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #1

2017 Seneca changes

Anyone hear what are the changes for 2017Seneca's ? THX
Tpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #2

The only thing I've heard about the '17 Seneca so far is that they have apparently gone back to the matching power seats up front instead of the "Freightliner Gray" air-ride seats.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #3

Thanks Ty! Any body else?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #4

2017 seneca changes

I'm in the process of ordering a 2017 and have questions my sales person could not answer so I asked the following questions to Jayco. I did not see any changes for the front seats. I like all the changes and addition that Jayco is making to the 2017 Seneca

1. Will this model have the update Girard Generation 3 ¿ GSWH-2? Yes, the 2017 Senecas will have the 3rd generation water heater

2. I've read that the ODWH have an issue Don't know what the issue is guess it doesn't work at an elevation above 7k'. Comments? I haven't heard anything about the units not working at a specific elevation. I do know we had some issues with the 2nd generation ODWH, but most of them were actually operator errors. The 2nd generation operated much differently than a typical residential unit, which caused quite a few problems for customers. The 3rd generation has been modified to function more like a residential water heater, but has been much easier for our customers to use.

3. I've seen pictures of the 2017 37TS, did you go back to the rectangle shower with a seat in the shower? I sure hope so! Yes, you will have the rectangular shower in your 2017 37TS. I have attached a photo to this email.

4. Did you do away with those UGLY UGLY sorry sinks and went back to stainless steal sinks. I hope so! Another yes! We have moved to the stainless steel sinks in our Senecas.

5. Does the bedroom bed storage have gas struts vs the stick to hold the bed up? the 37TS does not have the gas struts under the bed. The base of the bed does not move when the slide comes in and out, so there is no way to connect the struts. The only Seneca that does use the struts is the 37FS where the bed is not in the slide.

6. Regarding the dinette, were wanting the wrap-around booth not the dinette with the queen size bed. The wrap-around is a standard feature not a option correct? This was a change for the 2017 37TS. The NON wrap around dinette with the long couch is now standard. If you want the wrap around style, you will want to contact your dealer right away to make this change!

The only option we ordered is the entertainment system.

Is there any other changes for the 2017 37TS? I have attached the list of changes we made for the 2017 Senecas.

Exterior
  • All new paint packages, Sun Dial, Antique, & Imperial Night
  • New 360 siphon vent prevent odors & gasses from invading living space.
  • Newly redesigned exterior entertainment center with powder coated
    metal box, pivoting mounting bracket, all new Furrion TV, radio, &
    speakers
  • New screen door & lock cover
  • Bedroom slideouts now feature Shwintek slideout systems
  • Added ignition lock-out function for slide outs & awnings
  • Leveling jack controls relocated to dash, for better functionality
  • Interior
    • Cup holders recessed in dinette top
    • New, easy to clean, stainless steel sinks
    • Increased natural light, with larger kitchen windows on all floorplans
    • All new solid surface, kitchen & bathroom backsplashes
    • All new 3-burner, recessed gas cooktop
    • Crown molding atop 37HJ entertainment center, along with swing out TV
      frame, with storage
    • New central control panel added to cabinet
    • New solid surface countertops in kitchen and bathroom
    • All new Rockport Greyhound linoleum flooring throughout
    • Highly sought after, new optional Flexsteel theater seating, provide style &
      comfort
    • Added roller shade over entry door window
    • New entertainment center decorative glass
  • Interior TV’s upgraded to Furrion LED 1080P HDTV
  • All new video selector switch
  • Brand new LED ceiling lights throughout
  • Upgraded 32” LED TV in bedroom
  • JBL In-Dash, touch screen capacitive, infotainment system with Apple Car Play & Android Auto, featuring JBL Premium Audio throughout

• information in this document is the latest information available per the revision date. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation.

Rev. 2/23/16

johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #5

Sounds like it's moot, but we've run our Gen 2 Girard at elevations way over 7000' now several times and have had no issues.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #6

Now we know the 2017 whole story! THX John boy for your info!!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #7

OOps, Johnboy one word
Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #8

Thanks johnboy on the '17 updates. The one thing I see is the roller shade for the entry door! Can't believe they didn't have this on the '16 model. They must not have test camped in one with their DW!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
Thanks johnboy on the '17 updates. The one thing I see is the roller shade for the entry door! Can't believe they didn't have this on the '16 model. They must not have test camped in one with their DW!
Try and go in/out with that shade drawn for afternoon sun... Jayco should have put the shade ON the Door.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #10

I'd just like to know the model number for this if anyone has it:

JBL In-Dash, touch screen capacitive, infotainment system with Apple Car Play & Android Auto, featuring JBL Premium Audio throughout
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:41 PM   #11

JBL legend cp100 on my 2017 37HJ. Just got it what a POS!

I wonder if Jayco actually tests anything before it leaves the factory. It is supposed to use Apple CarPlay and Adroid Auto. But it will not recognize the USB connection. We tried it on another 2017 Seneca and it had the same issue. My theory is that it is a USB power issue. It seems like they might be hooking the backup cam and the CarPlay stud to the only USB connection. Therefore overpowering the USB connection.

Mine also is requiring a hard reset to connect my Bluetooth device to the unit. It is going to be replaced when I take it in.
Misty Mountain Hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #12

Been paying a lot of attention to this since I will be ordering a 37FS in mid-December. In addition/addendum to what is mentioned in this post:

1. The seats are more plush and are air ride. To me, they look identical to the seats in the DYNAMAX DX3.
2. The rear ladder is history, not even an option.
3. The in-dash JBL has been replaced with the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. Very nice unit IMO.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #13

Just to re-iterate on my post a few minutes ago. The Pioneer AVH-4200NEX replacement for the JBL just happened like in the last month. I have confirmed this replacement with Jayco and their web site now lists the Pioneer instead of the JBL. Sounds like a definire problem with the JBLs...perhaps Jayco might do a swapout??
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #14

Thanks Javamon for the updates. We have a 37TS on order with RV express and delivery date is around mid November. I'll make mine comes with the Pioneer and not the JBL. No Ladder are you kidding. Why did they eliminate that I wonder. Plusher seats cool.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:05 PM   #15

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Hi all, my wife and I just picked up our 2017 Seneca 37TS from Indiana RV Connection in Indiana and drove it back to Colorado. It drove really nice considering the winds (15-30+MPH )we drove through from Indiana to the middle of Nebraska. I notice some people posted they had their luggage doors open while in motion this did not occur for the 1100 miles we drove. In fact the day we picked the Seneca up we stayed at IRVC for the night and it rained hard with high winds all night long. We had no water or wind issues or concerns this was a great break in test.

I have a few questions which I do not see on the manual(s):
  1. Are the water tanks heated? I saw in the 2016 literature they were, in the 2017 there's no mention about the tanks being heated.
  2. Is there any information on how to use the entertainment setup / system? There are not Doc on the system. The system is way different from previous years (from what i've read). There's an HDMI switch where all 3 TVs are connect VIA CAT 5/6 cabling. Can the TV sound be routed to the speakers in the Seneca VS the TV speakers? I see there are Audio cables coming out of the TV then into the wall. Where are the cables going to?
  3. How much weight can each cargo bay hold?

Well thats about all the question I have, off to explore the new beast.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #16

Johnboy...gotcha covered on your other post.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:28 PM   #17

I had a similar issue with a pioneer in-dash. As it turns out, there are assigned ports on the pioneer for the Android auto/apple and you have to use the correct one for the desired feature. It may be as simple as getting under the dash and changing the connection.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #18
SJD

The JBL is a Legend CP100. Not a good piece of equipment. My original went out before I got home with my 2017 37FS. Jayco sent me another to have put in and it did not work either. They have now sent me a Pioneer 4200NEX unit. I am now waiting to have it installed. JBL could not get their software to be certified by Apple & delayed the sale of this radio to retail a year to January 2017.
SJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #19

Wow! I have never cared for JBL electronics; their speakers aren't the worst, though...

I think you'll be pleased with your pioneer. I have an 8100NEX and outside of a few quirks with Android Auto freezing up while using the GPS/Map feature, it's a pretty good unit! -When they hook it up, make sure you let them know whether you're going to use android or iphone as it will make a difference as to which USB port they use in the back of the unit! -It took me three times in/out of the dash to figure that one out! :-)