Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #1

29ME Slide Toppers

Has anyone successfully added Slide Toppers to a 2015 Greyhawk 29ME? If so any chance you recall the brand, photos if possible???

My dealer has been challenging for me to say the least. I asked for a quote in October and I still don't have it. At least not all of it, they have sent me quotes twice for the two side toppers and forgotten the rear both times. Now they are telling me they are not sure they can install one of the sides due to lack of space. They were not clear about which one but I am assuming the passenger side since the awning is pretty tight to the slide out.

I told the dealer that the toppers are an all or nothing package.. If I have to get on the roof to sweep one slide, I might as well sweep all three.

The tough part here in Ontario is there is no competition. My dealer is the only Jayco dealer in the Province and the only Motorhome dealer within 90 minutes of us. So I can't even easily seek out a second opinion.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Greyhawk 29ME but I can't help with your question. I had to google slide toppers to even know what you were asking. I will be paying attention to the responses though. Sounds like a good idea to install them.
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #3

Hey JD, Congrats on the new ride. We love ours and are looking forward to the start of the sping season.

I am kicking myself for not negotiating the Slide toppers as part of my original purchase. They offer two big advantages. First they keep the sun off of the slide roof so help to keep your rig cooler. But more important they keep moisture and tree litter off the slides so you don't have to haul a ladder out and clean the slides every time you pack up... Not as big a deal on any of the other Greyhawk models because they all come with a ladder mounted on the rig. The ME is the only rear slide model so we have to store a ladder.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #4

I just (last week) purchased a Greyhawk 29MV. Like you I'm very concerned about adding two Slide Toppers. That will be the very first add-ons.
Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

They didn't have trouble putting them on this Greyhawk

Used 2015 Jayco Greyhawk Class C Motorhomes For Sale In Concord, NC - CNC1197733A - Camping World

There is more than one Jayco dealer in Ontario
There is one 2 minutes down the road from me. I assume you are talking about them.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #6

had toppers installed on my 29MV. If you want pictures, let me know. Had it done at CW. Had t remove gutter on large slideout but all is good. l)

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #7

We received a quote of $2,000 each slide topper. Southern Ontario, probably the same dealer you're talking about :-)

Then the parts person said it would be cheaper to get it done in the USA while on vacation. (That was before the Canadian dollar tanked). We have two slides and I'm not sure what we're going to do about covers.

2013 Greyhawk 31FS
CanucksVenturingSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #8

Hi Canuck.. That dealer is known for being overpriced.
My buddy just got quoted $2000 less for a windshield on his class A in Stoney Creek.

Even with the dollar being like it is, I'm sure you can still get a better price in the US. Plus save on the GST.
If you're in no rush for the toppers give Buffalo RV a call, see how much they want and see if the dollar gets better in June.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If you're in no rush for the toppers give Buffalo RV a call, see how much they want and see if the dollar gets better in June.
Thank you !!!
CanucksVenturingSouth is offline   Reply With Quote