Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #1

31DS slide Leaks

We have 2016 31DS which has been in shop more than we have had it. Our latest problem has been rear slide leaks when it rained and Mold was growing on wall, floor and Memory foam mattress which was thrown away, Dealer said they have it repaired and we are waiting on rain again to see if it leaks again

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
we have had so many issues has gotten very old
fred639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #2

I have a 2009 31SS with one side, I bought it used and who owned it just drove it I guess. It has 24k on odometer. My side had no awning which I did not understand why one was never installed. I have been all over this unit. I installed a awning over the slide. It had a small leak due to as mentioned no awning and the channel they install on the end of side where the roof meets the side wall and the same piece of trim at the bottom, water was entering a screw head at the top and one at the bottom traveling inside to floor of slide it damaged about 8 inches of the slide under the end wall. i am going to inject some epoxy into the damage area and Eternabond tape is going over the top and bottom edges of the slide out. The screw heads are not covered with sealer so water can wick around the screw head threads are like a channel for water. If you pull out a screw and threads are rusty water is entering. Sorry for being so long winded.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #3

We have 2016 31DS as well. No leaks. We have slide awnings which I think are great.
Had other minorish issues, but so far pretty good. What other issues have you had? Maybe I could get a jump on any problems.
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #4

This rig was in Fl so sun was hard on vent covers replaced them. The only other issue I had was the outer cover of the skylight developed cracks which they did not catch had a tiny bit of water that traveled along the wire channel in the ceiling. Thank goodness no major damage it stopped at the light before ac filter cover in ceiling it rusted the screws in that light and one in front of shower and one in bathroom it did not affect the other lights I pulled the screws and they were like new and no ceiling damage.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #5

No leaks in ours. Other small problems. Sliding door from bath got a big scratch in it from a loose staple in wall. (Door Replaced). Some led's out in awning. (Light strip replaced). Gas valves in water heater need to be replaced.

Thats about all.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroga View Post
We have 2016 31DS as well. No leaks. We have slide awnings which I think are great.
Had other minorish issues, but so far pretty good. What other issues have you had? Maybe I could get a jump on any problems.

Vibration that took dealer 5.5 months to get rv back to us and still has vibration at times
front end alignment
Water pump been replaced.
Hot water heater 3 times and finally got 6 gallon installed
slide door in bathroom hung wrong and not close or slide right
Refrigerator wouldn't work in electric mode just gas
Decals peeling off
Auto leveling jacks had to be adjusted
refrigerator quit working on gas and only worked on electric
fresh water tank leaking
Rear slide leaking when rained
Dealer has worked with us Jayco no response whatsoever
We are waiting on next rain to see if slide leaks again and if it does it will be time to go ugly route which do not want to do but I have never bought a bigger pile of junk we have put more miles on coach taking it back to dealer than we have on trips and they have had for over 6 months that we have owned it which will be a year in 3 weeks
Old 09-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #7

Well had rv back for 8 days and it rained today and slide still leaking water

Waiting on dealer to call me back for yet another trip to dealer this is beyond getting old
Old 09-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred639 View Post
Well had rv back for 8 days and it rained today and slide still leaking water

Waiting on dealer to call me back for yet another trip to dealer this is beyond getting old
Add a bead of silicone to the top edge where the slide seal makes contact with the coach.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Add a bead of silicone to the top edge where the slide seal makes contact with the coach.

Leaks when slide is out and dealer has already had slide out of coach and completely redone all seals its just another problem with the 85,000.00 dollar LEMON we bought biggest pile of junk have ever owned
Old 09-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #10

They sure don't make them like they used to!
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred639 View Post
Leaks when slide is out and dealer has already had slide out of coach and completely redone all seals its just another problem with the 85,000.00 dollar LEMON we bought biggest pile of junk have ever owned
Have you asked about taking it to the factory? It sure sounds like the dealer continues to do something wrong, or is overlooking something.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Have you asked about taking it to the factory? It sure sounds like the dealer continues to do something wrong, or is overlooking something.
Tired to call Jayco by phone several times and several emails and have never gotten any response from JAYCO
Old 09-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #13

We have a 2011 31ds, no slide awnings, and no leaks, so far.
We did have a Southwind, with slide awnings, and a rear slide leak that the dealer could not fix. So no help from me.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #14

Where in the slide are you seeing moisture?

In my TT I would have water on the floor behind the sofa in the slide. Turned out that the water was being drawn in from the bottom corners of the slide (where the outer wall meets the underside of the slide). I was able to solve the problem with some fresh RV caulk all along those seams. It was most likely having that issue right from day one but I only realized it was leaking end of last season.