Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #1

37FS Leveling Jack Sticking

My '14 Seneca Front Driver-Side Leveling Jack will intermittently stick, while in the DOWN position.

I've been able to get it to go up by raising other jacks and shimming it a few times with boards and retracting them all, then it will go up under its own power after a few rounds of this.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Low fluid, faulty jack? Just wanted to try a few things before I spent some cash taking it in.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #2

I would call Bigfoot directly and see if they can help. I have talked to them twice about my unit and they were very helpful. They did ask for the serial number of the system, mine is posted on a sticker right on the jack control panel. So is their telephone number.

Good luck, let us know back how the situation went. Another member may have a similar issue in the future.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:31 AM   #3

I will definitely do that.

I have a new suspicion after I observed something last night taking it off the jacks in my driveway. My driveway has a good 2-3 degree uphill slope. With the camper pointed uphill, upon taking it off the jacks, it rolled a good 4-6" UPHILL. I'm wondering if this movement is binding the jack up in the cylinder.

I plan on discussing this with bigfoot later to see what their thoughts are.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #4

Our Seneca's rear "AirLiner" suspension is reportedly the cause of our unit's tendency to slide forward coming off the jacks. I feel this may be detrimental to the longevity of the jacks, so I have tried to minimize it two ways:

The first is that I always chock my front wheels (front and rear) using big rubber chocks I sourced from Amazon. I place them before leveling, and then kick them in tight again after leveling. They do reduce how much it scoots when it lowers.

Secondly I always use my Bigfoot Ultra (not the leveler company) jack pads, my logic is that they allow the jack baseplates to slide more easily if they must, as compared to resting right on the ground. My hope anyway!

A while ago I read somewhere that another Seneca owner talked to Bigfoot (the leveler company) and there was some discussion that Bigfoot would recommend the next size heavier jack due to the movement. Apparently Bigfoot also feels the jacks may end up in a bind due to the shifting brought on by our rear suspension. Not real comforting if true.

Here are a couple pictures of the chocks and pads I use, as well as the box I built to store my pads.
Attached Thumbnails
jack pad.jpg   Jack pad storage.jpg  
Attached Images

Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:43 AM   #5

Kudos on the box! I have seen mine move forward, before, however, given the slope of my driveway, I would have thought it nearly impossible! From now on, I'll be chocking rear & FRONT!