Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #1

About to pull the Trigger on a 2013 Greyhawk 26DS

So I may not be a Jayco owner yet, but I am about to finalize my purchase of a Greyhawk. So I am just looking for any feedback form other owners on their experience, the quality, durability etc. on these motorhomes. I have heard a lot of conflicting stroies, mostly from salespeople and since this is a big purchase, I felt this is the best forum to get the real answers.
MilesofSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3

I have a 2012 Greyhawk 31DS. We have only had a couple of issues. 1. I have had is the helper springs on the drivers side hitting the drain line to the fresh water tank causing it to break where it enters the tank. After 3 repair attempts, Jayco authorized replacement of the tank and also had the dealer remove some shims on the helper springs that were not required since we had the factory installed leveling jacks. Which brings me to the second issue, now the leveling jacks do not properly auto level on camp grounds even after being re-calibrated by the dealer after removing the shims. It auto levels in my driveway and at the storage facility just fine. Mine is still in storage until this weekend so I am hoping to tackle the leveler issue with Quadra since they made the big foot leveling system that is installed. Other than that, we had a few minor cosmetic problems that we could have lived with but figured may as well get them repaired. Hope this helps.
Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #4

I have a 2012 Greyhawk FK and only issue I've had is the electronic entry keypad failed after 8 months. I was on the road and Jayco sent me a new one which I changed out. Been fine otherwise.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #5

We just moved from a Coachman Freelander to the Greyhawk 31SS. The Greyhawk is a superior coach an every way, shape and form. If you like the features and floor-plan, you'll more than likely love the Greyhawk. I can feel a big differance just driving down the road and Jayco did the things with the 31SS that I wish Coachman would have done with my previous motorhome.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #6

Welcome to the JOF and the Jayco family! When my wife and I were at the point you are currently in the process, we looked at and considered the pros and cons of every Class C make and model on the market. Every time we came back to Jayco. After being a Jayco owner for 2 1/2 years now, I'm still confident today we made the right choice for us. We are pleased with the quality of construction and have been satisfied with our customer service experience when there have been issues. Don't purchase with the expectation there won't be any problems. Because in my honest opinion you'll have some type of issues come up. These things have mechanical and electrical components and they are built by humans. Neither ingredient of that recipe is perfect!

We are still learning and we try to contribute to the JOF based on our experiences.

Welcome again, hope to see you around the campfire soon!