Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #1

Accessing back of TV in 2015 Jayco Melbourne

I'm trying to plug in the receiver for my satellite and cannot figure out how to get to the back of the tv in the main cabin. I can't believe it's so framed in that no one can access the plugs! Anyone already figure this out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
I'm trying to plug in the receiver for my satellite and cannot figure out how to get to the back of the tv in the main cabin. I can't believe it's so framed in that no one can access the plugs! Anyone already figure this out?

My 2016 swings up from the bottom. It has a really strong magnet on, but grasp the lower corners and give it a good tug and it will come up. *NOTE: I have the optional storage over the cab versus the bed, so yours maybe different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

Must not be the same.. I nearly broke it pulling on it! Lol! Any other thoughts? I don't have a bed or storage over it.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #4

Look at the trim work and if you see small wooden plugs at the corners, just get a small flat blade screwdriver and pop the plugs out. You will see screws and just remove those screws to remove to wood trim. I had to do this on my 08 GH when checking some wiring.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #5

yes I know the one you mean... mine is in a frame over the fireplace.. had to take the frame out (unscrew under wood plugs) I added a sound bar as you could not hear the tv behind this frame.. bad design.. why did they not install smart tv's?
sudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #6

Yes.. ridiculous design. I have no plugs .. only can find one screw underneath head board. Will try that! Such a pain this is!!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #7

The 2017 Melbourne has a mesh cord hanging at the bottom. You pull on the cord to disconnect the TV from the wall frame. Not sure it is the same on the 2015 but thought I would mention this. Good Luck.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaras7 View Post
The 2017 Melbourne has a mesh cord hanging at the bottom. You pull on the cord to disconnect the TV from the wall frame. Not sure it is the same on the 2015 but thought I would mention this. Good Luck.

Thanks but no luck - called Jayco and they told me there was no reason for me to go back there! Lol! Have to tear the frame out!

Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #9

We were told to remove the back off the cabinet on the right side of the tv to access the area.
Tommi Lee Alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #10

There is a strip of paneling on each side of the tv which is held on with Velcro. Take a clothes hanger and bend a L shape in it and hook it behind the outside of the paneling strip and pull straight out to remove them and then you can access the mounting bracket screws.
fireman2525 is offline   Reply With Quote