Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #21

Rear view camera

On my 2016 Greyhawk 29MV, the rear view camera is integrated into the third brake light mounted high on the coach. All I can see with the camera is the grill of my toad. I, too, would like it to see a lot more of what's going on behind me.

Is this one, as described above, adjustable at all? Anyone else have the same concern?
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Dreamgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:04 PM   #22

I asked Customer Service about adjusting my rear view camera on my 2016 Redhawk. Their answer is below.

The only way that we know of adjusting the angle of the rear camera is to add washers between the body of the camera and the rear wall of the motorhome. You take the screws out and add the washers in that area and then replace the screws. Please make sure that if the seal is compromised to reseal the camera as needed
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
Anyone know of a way to turn on the rearview camera when not in reverse on a 2015 26XD? Want to be able to check on the toad with it. Thanks.
What model radio/nav system does your rig have? Perhaps another user with that model radio can relate the correct information.

My unit is a 2014 and has a Clarion head unit, it is an easy menu selection for me to choose the camera and look back. The Clarion will continue to play whatever it already was (CD, FM, Sirius), it just displays the camera on the screen until you make another choice.

I sure hope Jayco retained that functionality in the newer units, good luck.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgolfer View Post
On my 2016 Greyhawk 29MV, the rear view camera is integrated into the third brake light mounted high on the coach. All I can see with the camera is the grill of my toad. I, too, would like it to see a lot more of what's going on behind me.

Is this one, as described above, adjustable at all? Anyone else have the same concern?
Did you ever get an answer on this? I am having the same issue with the added twist that my camera is pointed more right then center so when used in backing everything is off.

I have a 2016 Redhawk 31XL
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #25

Mine doesn't even turn on unless you go to reverse...useless as a rear view camera, even though the rear view mirror is unusable in the 2015 Redhawk (offset from center, and blocked by the folding mattress). The camera and display mirror are from some company and cost a whole $99, what an option from Jayco.

(Mito Corp, camera now discontinued of course)
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
Mine doesn't even turn on unless you go to reverse...useless as a rear view camera, even though the rear view mirror is unusable in the 2015 Redhawk (offset from center, and blocked by the folding mattress). The camera and display mirror are from some company and cost a whole $99, what an option from Jayco.

(Mito Corp, camera now discontinued of course)
Have you tried to turn it on while in a forward gear?
Mine will come on and all the RV cameras I've had have worked the same.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #27

The power to the camera (2015) comes from the backup lights. Just switch the power to the ignition 12v out. It will work whenever the ignition is on.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #28

I asked Customer Service about adjusting my rear view camera on my 2016 Redhawk. Their answer is below.

The only way that we know of adjusting the angle of the rear camera is to add washers between the body of the camera and the rear wall of the motorhome. You take the screws out and add the washers in that area and then replace the screws. Please make sure that if the seal is compromised to reseal the camera as needed
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #29

Its not on a "u" bracket and held at its direction by a set screw adjustment on each side, like an old CB radio? Interesting. The wife found a way to adjust the depth and clarity of our picture on the video screen. Started with touching screen where the 3 camera view is controlled along with the audio.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote