Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #1

ANCO Windsheild cover

I am looking to purchase a Anco windshield cover for my 2016 Grayhawk . They make two type of covers . The 2407 is the standard solid cover and the 2507 is the Deluxe cover with roll up window flaps held in place with Velcro tabs . I am leaning toward the standard solid cover , because I feel it will mount better . My wife doesn't like the windshield covered during the day when she is inside , so I will have to remove it when she stays behind . Has anyone had experience with this cover ? Does it help to keep the sun from heating the cab area ?
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #2

We have the solid 2407 for our 2016 Greyhawk and it works great. The Velcro around the mirrors really helps hold it down in strong winds.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #3

How long does it take you to put it on ? Can you do it by yourself ? Does it help keep the sun from heating the cab area ?
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #4

We used the solid one for years on our Greyhawk. It made the motorhome really dark, which I hated. It got wet and moldy and had to constantly be cleaned. Taking it down in the rain was no fun. Broke down and purchased from www.heatshield.com end of last season. They go inside the cab, not outside, so they stay dry, were easy to put up and take down and it was so much better. They take about two minutes to put up.

Have now traded the Greyhawk for a Precept, so have no use for either the inside or outside covers. I do have friends I will be giving them to. But I highly recommend the Heatshield if you want to be able to have light in the motorhome. They reflected the heat out really well.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
We have the 2407 solid cover. Works great!

Albert & Jan
Emilee & Sophia, the Pugs
2016 Greyhawk 29MV w/M&G Compressor
2013 Jeep Wrangler w/M&G Brake
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #6

Ditto on the 2407. Works fine, easy on, easy off.

Charlie, Meg and Corky the Maltese Dog
2016 Redhawk 29XK "Corky's House"
Freeport, FL
corky111111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #7

Roll up

I have the roll up style... I was discussing this on another page today, if you look you will see several people complaining about how the Greyhawks A/C is struggling with high temps... This may be the most important investment I have made in this rig. It makes a huge difference in the indoor temperature. Those heat shield things are nice looking and all... But you can not beat the outside cover! It ensures the sunlight never hits the glass. Think of your car and how much heat the sun beating down on the windshield generates. The heat shield reflect the light after it has already entered the cabin so plenty of heat leaks around it.

The ones with the rolls may satisfy your wife as you can open up the view without completely removing them. They actually have bug screens so you can open the cab windows and generate a pretty good flow through the cab without having to deal with the mosquitoes.

I have had mine for a year now, used it 49 days. No mold, no dirt... It is easy to clean and if it comes home wet just hang it for a day to dry.

(See the Hot!Hot!Hot! Thread for the other discussion)

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:25 AM   #8

The 2407 is quick & easy to put on and take off for one person.