Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Bivwack View Post
Oh my goodness that was wonderful, I think you nailed it cm. thank you so much for the detailed reply. I'm going to give it a try. That was so understanding you should write manuals for set ups, no kidding. The compass setting is right down the line from what I did( fire dept. and crash fire rescue ie. aircraft and airports) and do and also been an outdoor woodsman I use it quite a bit. Sir once again thank you so much I'll let you know how it turns out..

My pleasure, I wish you luck. We do all of our camping here on Long Island so it's a pretty safe bet to point our antennae West in order to get the NYC broadcasts. I can point it North to get some Connecticut stations but NYC works best for us. 95% of our camping is done on the south shore of Long Island on the beach and I can't tell you how many people will point their antennaes south or east. I'm pretty sure there are no broadcast antennaes in the middle of the atlantic ocean. lol

One more tip I did is to see the direction my TV antennae points when it's down. I then took a pencil and drew a line on the dial you pull down to indicate what direction the antennae is pointing when it's down. That way I will know what way the antennae is pointing when I rotate the dial. I simply point the pencil mark of the direction I want reception since the pencil mark points the same way as the antennae. :-)

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS - 2013 1500 Ram Big Horn
2013 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH - 2010 V8 Tundra

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Another great tip. And your area sounds beautiful. I thank you again. Happy camping..

Bivwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
I have to agree CM - great set of directions!

Number of Nights Camping - 2013 26RKS
2014 - 18, 2013 - 11, 2012 - 11
Number of Nights Camping - 2012 17Z
2012 - 10, 2011 - 13

Countless nights as kids and young adults in a pop-up, hardside TT and several tents!
campingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Well CM I followed you direction to a tee and I now have television. I can't believe how many channels I can pick up. I want to thank you again for your help I know I couldn't have done it with the info. Oh yeah, I have a satellite system, the one that rotates its a dome on top of the camper. When I hooked the cable up to it then pushed power the antenna rotates then a green light comes on next to the power button but no TV. Is there anything more I can do? Thanks again..
Bivwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
We always plug our TV's into an inverter that is plugged into the 12V outlet by the TV. The inverter gives us the capability to power some other device when we are not watching TV which is handy.

This is the one I use.
Just getting into the swing of things here and doing thread research on running TVs from Inverters. cm11599ps, I noted your choice of inverter and did some research on it and it shows very good reviews at a reasonably low price, which tells me it is a MSW vs a PSW inverter. My question is: are there any issues running HDTVs using MSW inverters like yours? Does it matter if it is LED, LCD, Plasma? I guess I am just trying to get me feet wet at low cost here, so am looking at something like a 22 inch Vizio LED coupled with the Wagan 400W inverter. We would just be using for the TV, DVD, and possibly running a laptop and charging Apple I-devices (USB).
Advice? Thanks in advance!

2004 Jay Flight 21FB
2001 Yukon SLT
ktbarrentine is offline   Reply With Quote