Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2015, 07:53 AM   #1

Thumbs down Anyoneknow how to pull the Jensen head?

Dealer told me our Seneca unit was satellite capable already. I even confirmed, "so I won't have to add anything, all I'll have to do is move my account over - right? Was told that's correct... Well, it's not. Was told to get a Sirius tuner and it is a simple plug & play. It probably is, if you can figure out how to get the Jensen radio out of the dash, and then also route the antenna. (Our much lower priced B+ was satellite capable standard).

The instruction say to "insert the removal tools into the holes in front as far as they will go and pull the unit out". Sounds simple... Well I took the trim piece off and have looked and looked and there aren't any holes in the front of the radio.

I'm probably going to return the tuner to Amazon and give up... I don't want to have to tear the entire dash apart... Very frustrating that at this price point they don't include satellite radio. Talk radio is my friend while driving... Especially during the times I'm driving alone...
Old 05-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

Decided rather than try to install the Sirius tuner on the radio I'm going to try this: Amazon.com: SiriusXM Satellite Radio SXPL1V1 Onyx Plus with Vehicle Kit (Black): Electronics

If anyone's interested, I'll report back on how it works out...
Old 05-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Decided rather than try to install the Sirius tuner on the radio I'm going to try this: Amazon.com: SiriusXM Satellite Radio SXPL1V1 Onyx Plus with Vehicle Kit (Black): Electronics

If anyone's interested, I'll report back on how it works out...
I bought the Express version, used it in our 08 SENECA and it worked great. I actually have it installed in my Sonic right now.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #4

The tools to remove the unit came with my rig. They are thin pieces of metal that slide in and grab the unit (releasing it) and then allows it to slide out. Is that what you are asking?
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #5

Check for a white box that may have been stuffed in a drawer of your rig, it may also have some wire harnessing in the box, the Bluetooth microphone, etc in there (along with the the removal tools)
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Yes, I found the tools and took the trim off, but cannot find any "holes" to put them into. That's okay.... I'm gong to try the Onyx unit and see how thy works...
Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I bought the Express version, used it in our 08 SENECA and it worked great. I actually have it installed in my Sonic right now.
Where did you put the antenna on your Seneca?
Old 05-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #8

That's my issue as well - I found the box - have the mic where I want it, have threaded the wire to behind the unit - but cannot find the two holes the removal tools "simply" slide into. Any help?
jbayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #9

There are no holes.
The tools go on opposing sides of the radio midpoint on both sides. It is not easy, but it does work. I've done this on my Precept, but since then have found it to be much much easier to remove the small section of the dash surrounding the radio than it is to remove the radio with the tool.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #10

Same here, removing the small section of the dash on the Precept only requires removing 4 screws. I finally installed my Bluetooth microphone today and it works great. I suspect the process is not that simple on the Seneca.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Dealer told me our Seneca unit was satellite capable already. I even confirmed, "so I won't have to add anything, all I'll have to do is move my account over - right? Was told that's correct... Well, it's not. Was told to get a Sirius tuner and it is a simple plug & play. It probably is, if you can figure out how to get the Jensen radio out of the dash, and then also route the antenna. (Our much lower priced B+ was satellite capable standard).

The instruction say to "insert the removal tools into the holes in front as far as they will go and pull the unit out". Sounds simple... Well I took the trim piece off and have looked and looked and there aren't any holes in the front of the radio.

I'm probably going to return the tuner to Amazon and give up... I don't want to have to tear the entire dash apart... Very frustrating that at this price point they don't include satellite radio. Talk radio is my friend while driving... Especially during the times I'm driving alone...
Never tried it. Just use blue tooth and Pandora on my phone.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, satellite radio, seneca, sirius